Monday, March 8, 2010

18 Days Later

I haven't posted anything for a while but I'm sure you'll forgive me. :) Jessica is simply amazing. She's an absolutely wonderful baby (but would you expect me to say anything else?) She's sitting in her swing at the moment alternating between asleep and awake and squeaking. The new mother in me says "go pick her up and hold her!" despite her being perfectly content where she is, while my more rational side says I should use this time to DO SOMETHING! I seem to have compromised and am writing a post about her. :) Not really the most productive use of my time but it doesn't require me to switch my focus away from the beautiful baby.

My parents came to visit on the 22nd and stayed for 8 days. It was wonderful. I really wish they could have stayed longer. Now that they're gone it almost feels like they were never here. I don't think Mark, Jess, and I would have had any clean clothes or dishes if they hadn't come. I miss them already!

POOPSPOLISION!!!

...back to typing with one hand... Gotta love diapers! She was in her swing but the poop decided to come out sideways from her diaper. Luckily she was in a blanket so I don't have to figure out how to wash the swing. Sadly, my british washing machine isn't capable of adjusting for load size, so I had to run around finding enough of the same colour to wash so the super powerful staining baby poo didn't have time to set. She of course decided that it was an ideal time to be hungry, so I had to carry her around while finding clothes. [Stairs are SUCH a hassle when you have a baby. So scared we're just going to tumble down them everytime I get near them.]

I've started an album of Jessica pictures at Jessica MacKenzie - Picasa

More to say but baby demands my attention. I'll try to post again before another month passes.

1 comment:

  1. She IS a gorgeous little love muffin!

    And you've gotta love that gravity-and-diaper-defying newborn poop! :o)

    ~Mag~

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...