Do I classify myself as super organized? No, not even kinda, however Tiny Prints (this year they've become part of Shutterfly) has kindly reminded me that I may want to start thinking about choosing some cards. It was a very polite nudging email with a ton of great deals that served to reminded me that I've moved into new house [never got around to mailing out 'New address' cards] and that if I don't send my cards in the first half of December then it's unlikely most people will know where to send me cards! [THE HORROR!]
I've got to say, one of the things you never really think about before children is the FAMILY PHOTO for the "card." Yet, for some reason as soon as you have that darling little mini-me you often become obsessed with finding the perfect shot and sending it off to every living relative. Thankfully since moving to Raleigh I've actually met some pretty great real live photographers! But with pros comes booking and planning... one of the reasons you're getting this post pre-holiday season!
Two of my favourites are Mason Dee Photography and Sarah Beth's Photography. I know both photographers personally, they're amazing and so so friendly!
...... speaking of, I really need to call one and get something set up!!
This year Tiny Prints has (I'm assuming due to the merger) even more awesome Christmas Card designs to choose from! Which is no small feat, considering the plethora of choice last year. It's a good thing they ran a special on their express shipping because by the time I was finished perusing their selection and pestering Mark to help me narrow them down (yeah, he wasn't much help) it was already the 16th of December and 50% of my cards still needed to make the long trip overseas to our family abroad! Express shipping for the win.
See?
So many cute choices!
Look I'm already overwhelmed!
I'm also attempting my first ever giveaway. I'm hoping this might encourage a few of my lurkers to poke their heads up and let me know they're around. Plus, anything I can do to encourage the Christmas Card tradition is a good thing! [read as: SEND ME CHRISTMAS CARDS! I'll always send you one back.] Besides I think Mark adores my many
*GIVEAWAY*
$50 off your Shutterfly order! (not including shipping & cannot be combined with any other promos.)
Choose at least one of the following - comment and tell me which you did.
- Check out Shutterfly's Pinterest Page: Shutterfly Pinterest (This is actually a great way to save card ideas to come back and look at later.)
- Add Shutterfly to your Google + feed: Google + Shutterfly (Come on people, Google + isn't all bad!)
- Follow Shutterfly on Twitter: Shutterfly's Twitter
- Follow Shutterfly on Facebook: Shutterfly on Facebook
For a super extra bonus entry become a follower! The little link is over there --> (just hover your mouse over the far right side of the page and it'll pop out.)
Don't feel like entering? Didn't win? Explore some of their awesome deals for yourself: Shutterfly's Special Offers.



I followed them on Google+, but I doubt I'm eligible ;)
ReplyDeleteAlso: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/28635954.jpg
LOL! I love it baby. No. You're not eligible. :p
DeleteI checked them out on Pinterest. I hadn't thought of making photo plates, or making prints for art rather than personal photos. When we get our new place I'll have to put one of these ideas to good use!
ReplyDeleteFollowing on Pinterest & Liked on FB. New designs are great!
ReplyDeleteWow, Becc, I am TRULY impressed! It's not even Halloween yet and look at you! Where did that gene come from??? Who knew it was lurking in there! Ok...I'll look at this on the weekend...
ReplyDeleteHaha! That reminds me, I still haven't called the photographer. I keep hoping I can magically lose 10lbs before Christmas photos...
DeleteI'm poor and cheap. I need to find a big leaf pile, and I'm gonna take picture of C that way. (and hope a few turn out card worthy)
DeleteSo my favorite holiday tradition is eating and baking desserts. :) We also have the tradition of opening one present on Christmas eve, but that was when we were kids. (I liked on Facebook) I think I'm a follower now as well.
ReplyDeletewe always open one present on Christmas Eve too - since I've been married, it's been a major struggle to convince hubby that he can't open his BIG present that night. He's slowly learning that part of the tradition is for someone else to choose which present you get. (It's the only way to make sure Christmas morning pjs get opened on time!) ;)
DeleteI follow them on facebook!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite family tradition is dinner at Maggiano's on Christmas Eve. We've been doing it for almost 20 years and I love it! But my favorite new family tradition is Elf on the Shelf....so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteElf on the Shelf! Such a cute idea~ I hadn't heard of it until a few years ago... way too late for my own kiddos, but right on time for the g'babies!!
ReplyDeleteI'm adding to my pinterest addiction ;) and following/pinning from there.
ReplyDeleteAnd my favorite Christmas tradition is driving around looking at all the lights and decorations then going to the Christmas eve service at midnight. I always try to make time to open at least one gift too :)
ReplyDelete