Thursday, January 3, 2013

the explanation.

The blog has been languishing without an update for months...

Maybe you've noticed that you haven't seen me around playgrounds or social gatherings...?

Maybe when you did see me I looked a little green...?

Perhaps I was running to the bathroom. 

You've probably already guessed why (or you've had a conversation with my 2 year old who can't keep a secret.) 




The morning started off on a less than enjoyable note but steadily got better as the day progressed.

OB appointment at 8:30am.

Up at 7am. UGH. 7am is too early for anything. Jessica has been sleeping till 8:30 recently so I've been spoiled. I hop in the shower and try to wash my hair, in the process of rinsing out the conditioner and I have to leave the comfort of the warm shower to puke for a while. This, of course, throws off my entire timetable. I no longer have time to blow dry my hair, let alone get back in the shower and get the rest of the conditioner out!! I braid my hair back and shove a furry hat on my head. It's 39 degrees F outside for goodness sake!

Arrive for appointment. No wait. Things are getting better. Blood pressure - ideal. Great! No weight gain from my 8 week appointment. Even better! In to see the doctor and get to hear the baby's heartbeat. A perfect 160. Wonderful. Head home again, toddler still asleep. AMAZING. Back to bed for 40 minutes. 

It was a double appointment kind of day. Afternoon scan scheduled for 1pm. Heartbeat still 160, all measurements look good and baby is estimated at 14 weeks. Thankfully, Mark has this week off so we were all able to go together. Jessica included! She was a bit confused by the bouncing blob on the screen but I think she got the idea. Honestly, the pictures she sent us home with leave a little to be desired. We were there and can barely make out what we're looking at. Apparently one (in the words of the ultrasound tech) "an adorable shot of the baby cupping his face with his hands." Yeah... I can't see it. (I'll post the photo after I locate our scanner... I think it's on the 3rd floor somewhere....) 

She's decided that she wants a baby sister "just like her" but that she'd be happy with a baby brother as long as she can have one of each. We tried to explain that there was only one baby in there, she was adamant that there were two... one on each screen. Well yes Jessica, your infallible logic does make sense. There was a screen for the doctor and Daddy to look at and another for Mummy. Thus two babies. 

Lunch with my beautiful girl and my lovely husband AND I got to pop into the salon to get my bangs trimmed back in. [After 10+ years of training myself to say fringe I know feel a bit silly whenever I say bangs. Like someone is going to look at me and say, "HUH?"]

Now I think I might see if I can persuade my wonderful husband to entertain the kiddo while I go wash my hair!! :D

6 comments:

  1. What a cute way to announce it. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OF COURSE he will!! I LOVE your posts, my darling!! I'm glad it turned out to be a good day and the pictures are absolutely ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might just have to upload some of the outtakes because they're so stinking cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111



    Oh how fabulous! I'm so pleased for you both (for all four of you really, I guess!) Well this settles it, I absolutely have to come visit you at some point this year! Congrats!!! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats becca. I am so excited for you and Mark.

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...