However, to complicate matters.. (matters always have to be complicated you see, it just wouldn't make sense if they weren't.) Mark has discovered another crib that he likes. This new crib is a good £89 cheaper than the current front runner. They are similar yet very different at the same time.
| Crib A | Crib B |
|---|---|
| More expensive | Less expensive |
| Drop side: No | Drop side: Yes |
| 3 mattress heights | 2 mattress heights |
| Under bed drawer | No drawer |
I'm not sure, but I think one of the main selling points for Mark is that when Crib B turns into a bed it looks more like a bed than crib A because the side panels divide and become shorter. (Plus, I like that it's a heck of a lot cheaper.) My brain tells me that I'll want to leave it in sofa bed shape with the back wall on it most of the time anyway so it doesn't really matter. I've heard both good and bad things about drop sides vs. non-drop sides and the drawer is a perk.. but really I could always buy some pretty wicker baskets to put under there couldn't I? I really do love the way Crib A looks but I can see where Mark is coming from and think I could be swayed to Crib B. I'd love to hear your opinions and thoughts on the matter. You all know me... I was indecisive at the best of times and pregnancy brain has just increased that failure exponentially.
Below you'll find pictures of the cribs to ooh and aaah over.
ok.. crib.. nessesity eventually. Get it when you can so you dont worry about it anymore. And the choice. The cheaper one with the drop side, its the beneficial part of a crib. The drawer isnt all that beneficial in the sence that you have to get all the way down there to get into it. Just use the undercrib area for storage and toy boxes. Itll be a bigger area that way.. and most crib sets come with a skirt that wouldnt look right on the first one.
ReplyDeleteOk Ive said my peace.. where r my pictures.. I wanna see that bump already..lol,
Love you guys to pieces,
Julz
Drop sides are a huge benefit to short folk...like your mom. HOWEVER, crib A is certainly prettier... hmmmm... I like the less expensive feature.... good point Julz made about the drawers...
ReplyDeletenope. no help from G'ma at this point in time!
go with your gut, sweetie!!
luv yas!
Crib B - drop side definitely! So much easier on the back.
ReplyDelete*sigh* Thanks so much for the comments! Everyone had me leaning towards Crib B. I am short (apparently I've grown an inch in the past couple years and am now 5'4, but that's still short.) However, I posted a thread on a baby forum about it and was besieged with comments about how drop-side cots are dangerous and there's apparently a new manufacturing standard saying that cribs must have 4 stationary walls. I know I survived a drop side cot but I guess I'd rather be safe than sorry right? and the first crib is gorgeous...
ReplyDeleteps. Of course yesterday when I was unsure and posted this, the crib was in stock, today the crib is out of stock again. Typical! I think they must only get 2 cribs in at a time!
The drop side is beneficial not only for getting the baby in and out, but also, when you have to change cribsheets in the middle of the night, it is next to impossible if the side doesn't drop.
ReplyDeleteEverything's dangerous if the parents are stupid. If you take care of your child and maintain the crib, it should be fine. :o)
~Mag
hey hun
ReplyDeletei asked my mum about the cot and she said definatelly a drop side, its easier when shes little but also when she gets older you have to lower the mattress height and bending down to pick up a heavy baby from a now greater distance will wreck your back. and she also said not to worry about the safety issue, just dont lower the side if she is stood up leaning on it but thats kind of obvious. And if you are going to use the kiddie bed it turns into make sure you can get a small enough duvet for it. i think when you decide what one you want buy it, you may aswell but your not supposed to build it up till after she is born and when you are ready to move her from the basket to the cot put the basket in the cot till she is used to the new surroundings. i think my mum should write a book about all this stuff lol. i also agree that we need more bump pics :) .
dana
xxx
Okay, leaving practicality aside, Crib A is absolutely GORGEOUS! If I could afford the extra I totally would get it :P
ReplyDeleteAlso, it looks so lovely as a sofa, something you'd want in their room just as much when they're 10, so it's got longevity too!
Maybe I'm just biased cause I'm not so short and wouldn't need a drop side... but it's so pretty!!
Anyway when baby #2 comes along in a couple of years then you'll have to get another one anyway - you can get Crib B if Crib A isn't working out ;)
Sarah
P.S. Dave just came in and I asked him which he would go for, and he thought Crib A cause it was nicer looking haha. We're just a family with no sense :D
We had a drop side and used that feature often. We handed the crib down to two other family members and then gave it to a friend that could not afford one.
ReplyDeleteHmmm.... you know how much I love Crib A as I tried to make Scott buy it 5 years before we might actually need it, but I think I could be swayed to B. I like the drop side feature and I think it works better as a bed. And it is cheaper. And while it doesn't look quite as gorgeous, it is still really really nice. CRIB B!
ReplyDelete