So in honour of all this newness I've decided to implement some New Years resolutions. (Yes it's already the 12th, shsssh.) Firstly, I'm going to keep this "apartment" tidy. Even if it kills me. If someone shows up unexpectedly, you will not find me desperately throwing everything into a closet while I have Mark distract them. I will be a grown-up with a grown-up house... covered in baby toys. (Baby toys don't count. Trying to put them away is akin to emptying a swimming pool with a spoon. You can try, but it's pretty darn pointless.)
Secondly, I will take a photo a day and post something interesting about it. 2011 in pictures I may not get them posted everyday but the plan to at least get them taken on the right day. I can't promise that they'll always be interesting, but it's really just practice getting me to stick with something. (and if someone is paying attention I'm more likely to follow through.)
Thirdly, I will get out of the house, meet people and make friends.
Fourthly, yes I said fourthly, it's time to shift that baby weight. Between 22 weeks of morning sickness, a newborn, a dodgy gallbladder that needed eradicated and an international move, it's been a while since I've seen the inside of a gym.
Today I went to something called Stroller Strides for the first time. In one very productive swoop, I got out of the house, got some exercise and met people. I was completely knackered. It's obvious how very out of shape I am. I really want to join up but it's kinda pricey. I'm going to have to promise some serious commitment to rationalize that kind of monthly expenditure. The other moms were really friendly and not at all like the snooty Greenockian mums who would barely give me the time of day. I'm hoping that this congeniality is characteristic of typical North Carolina-ian.
I hear a baby calling...
Snooty Greenockians???? LOL are you talking about the same Greenock? Taking my Grandmother out the equation that is - she is snooty...
ReplyDelete*laughs* Maybe I'm using the wrong adjective. Either way, they weren't very fond of me! Very cliquey.
ReplyDeleteHehe fair enough... holy crap strollerstrides is $55 per month??? go to a few classes and set up on your own missy!
ReplyDelete