I had a doctor's appointment for my dumb hip and ridiculous toe this morning at 8:30. It was rough getting everyone out of the house in enough time but we did it, or so I thought.
Snacks? - check.
Drinks? - check.
Baby entertainment? - check.
HSA card to finally pay the doctor? - check.
Stroller? - um. not so much. Didn't actually realize this critical fact until I was about to drop off Mark. At least I realized it before I showed up at class and was all "Hey.. um yeah I'll just hold this toddler and exercise."
Oh well... we'll just head home, I skipped breakfast this morning and I'm pretty hungry.
98% home, the Bear throws up, and throws up, and then throws up just a little bit more incase she missed a spot. It's entirely possible she made herself throw up like she did a couple weeks ago, but she seemed really upset and since she kept throwing up I'm guessing it was for real this time. Plus I've felt nauseous all weekend. I was hoping I was the only one but I guess not. (You know what? Suddenly I wasn't very hungry anymore.)
Resist urge to hose the ill baby off in the driveway. Strip her and carry her up to the shower. Wash - Rinse - REPEAT.
Now she's set up on the sofa with some banana toast watching some Dora. Hopefully both our bellies will feel better soon.
There really is a silver lining to every cloud if you look hard enough. Example: Had I remembered the stroller we would have just been arriving at class when she threw up, I would have had to try to clean her up in a public restroom and then drive 30 minutes home in a car smelling of vomit. See? Silver lining. :)
Additional info: Unexpected development. Jessica wants nothing to do with her beloved Cheddar Bunnies and wanders around the house mournfully calling for her duck until I pull out the Cheddar Duck crackers from Harris Teeter. (Took us a while to figure out that this is what she wanted. We kinda thought she was looking for "choc" which doesn't sound entirely unlike her pronunciation of duck. Guess bunnies are out and ducks are in.
Also, why does drink (which she used to pronounce beautifully) now come out like 'chicken?' I'd have no idea what she wanted if she didn't immediately follow it up with apple juice. eg. "chicken? chicken? apple juice!"
I was wondering where you two were today...now I know. I hope you're both feeling better!
ReplyDeleteoh, no~ not fun! so cool of you to find the silver lining!
ReplyDeleteluv yas!