Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Arbitrary 1st Day

Jessica's preschool is year round with a rolling entry for new students, which leaves little in the way of clear division between one year and the next. However, they do take a week off around Labor Day. Since a lot of schools in the area start right after Labor Day, I arbitrarily decided this would be Jessica's first day of school too!

This is her second year. I'm trying to forget that by this time next year my baby girl will be starting kindergarten. Not cool folks, not cool. So without further ado, Jessica's 1st day photo!



You might have noticed a locale change from last year. It turns out that if you don't luck into an overcast morning, our front porch is blinding and makes for a grumpy uncooperative child. 



but when you finally realize that pushing it is just going to make everyone unhappy and move inside you get multiple cute shots for the outtake collage ;)




Your vocabulary word for the day is ar·bi·trar·y
     ˈärbiˌtrerē  adjective 
           based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

and actually... now that I've gone back and reread what I've written, perhaps her 1st day photo wasn't as arbitrary as I first assumed considering I DID have a perfectly logical explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...