Monday, November 9, 2009

Welcome to the 3rd Trimester!

Even though I feel like I've been pregnant forever... it also feels as though time is speeding by! Mark and I bought a giraffe for the little one while we were in England. (Originally I bought a bunny since we were in the land of Peter Rabbit. However, the bunny stared at me all night long and became kind of creepy so we took it back the next day and exchanged it for a less beady-eyed looking giraffe. He's actually quite sweet. See?)

Well the lady who ran the small toy store asked if the giraffe was for us and I had to explain about the bunny creeping me out. I told her we now had 2 packs of socks, a pack of onesies and a giraffe for the baby. She seemed a bit shocked. Apparently with only 13 weeks left I should have a lot more prepared! I blame it on being sick for 5 months and generally being tired and/or sore since then. I think the plan is to paint the nursery in December when Mark has a few weeks off work and I'm sure things will start to fall into place after that. I worked on my baby registry today and that made me feel like I was a bit more prepared. :)

Adding items to the list has just created more questions for me though... Newborn/0-3months.. what's the difference... it includes 0 months.. surely that means newborn doesn't it? I've decided to work under the assumption that when in doubt- buy bigger! That way she'll hopefully get to wear the outfit at least once.

Some how I put on 4lbs during our weekend away... here's a recent bump shot, taken on the A592 on the way to Windermere. Yes, my eyes are closed, I'm making a weird face and apparently pregnancy is making my nose spread! Just don't look at it closely and everyone will be happy. ;)

Okay, the heartburn has hit again so I think it's time for a milkshake. :)

4 comments:

  1. hey Bexs and bump
    i think newborn is for tiny babies and realy only fits them for a day, 0-3 has a bit more room and usuall stretches a bit. agian thou it prob wont last to the 3 month mark. if you know the estimated weight closer to delivery you can usuallly work out what size you need. i.e. i was 10'6 so i was wearing 6-9months when i was born. but i would suggest some 0-3months just cause they so cute but for the bulk i'd say 3-6 months, unless you know she will be quite small (5-6lbs). Hope this helps.

    Missing ya babes
    Dana
    xxx

    p.s., i love the giraffe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca, you sound just like me. You won't need much for the baby at first so, save your money. People will give you things and half the stuff you will never use or find it more of a bother than it is worth. You'll get into a rhythm and find what will work for you and still have $ in the bank...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable giraffe! (sorry about Peter, tho'!)
    YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!! I can't even tell anything about the eyes...if you hadn't mentioned it, I'd never have known~
    Glad you had a good trip & are home safe.
    luv yas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I experienced the nose spreading, too, but it went away after I had Aidan and all the swelling and hormones died off, so don't worry. I think it's a symptom of your body softening up all of your cartiledge to get it spread-ready for childbirth (your feet will probably get a little bigger, too, for the same reason... but my feet shrunk back, too, so I clearly don't comprehend all the science behind this process....).

    Love and hugs to the four of you.
    ~Mag~

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...