Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Check up - check in.

Jessica will be 7 weeks old tomorrow!!

Last Monday I went in for my 6 week postnatal check up with Dr. Nalini, everything was good and she was happy with everything. (Jessica had stayed in the car with Mark since we didn't want to expose her to a germ ridden doctor's office unless we absolutely had to.) She asked about Jessica and I said I'd been sent an appointment card for next Tuesday. Nalini shook her head and asked if we could bring her in tomorrow instead. Apparently Nalini would be off next Tuesday and wanted to see Jessica herself instead of a random doctor who would be covering for her.

As a matter of course.. it snowed the next morning! Not enough to trap us in but amusing since it hadn't actually snowed since my parents left. Jessica was perfect. Nalini was very impressed and said that she looked older than 6 weeks, was so alert and attentive! The raised swelling on her chest has completely gone away and like I said eariler.. she's perfect!

Currently she's sleeping peacefully in the Peanut Shell baby sling (no not the ones in the recall!) my parents sent me from America. I wasn't sure if it was going to work and when I first tried to put her in it she started fussing, but now she seems to love it, which is excellent! I was even able to make myself some toast without putting her down. :) Being able to type with both hands while holding her is just an unexpected perk!!

Jessie had her second big outing this weekend. We went to the mall and to Babies R Us. She took everything in her stride!! We were even able to go to Pizza Hut for dinner afterwards. (Luckily we were the only people in the restaurant because she did start to get a bit fussy and we were able to take turns walking with her. It was completely understandable though. If I smelled pizza and wasn't allowed any, I'd be fussy too.)

1 comment:

  1. Happy First Mommies Day!!!
    I hope you have a great one with Jessie and Mark.
    love and Miss you

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...