On Tuesday Jess had her first set of shots. [ ] One in each thigh! The poor thing!! However, it does seem that I was more upset by the procedure than she was. It was heartbreaking, she gave the nurses a giant toothless smile before they descended on her with needles. My poor trusting sweetheart! Must keep reminding myself that it's in her best interest and it only hurt for a second. Her eyes welled up with tears and she screamed but as soon as I got her to the breast she was calm again. (Although, when I stood up with her to leave I'm pretty sure that everything she'd just eaten came back up down the front of my shirt.)
Grandma and Grandpa Smith came with us. (Since I don't have my license yet I still need a qualified driver in the car with me and they were happy for an excuse to come see the baby!) It looks like the only reaction she had was feeling overly sleepy the rest of the day and a bit of a queasy tummy the next. Between one of her many naps we went to Ikea to buy her some furniture for all of her precious baby clothes that currently think laying on the bed is a form of storage. She slept through most of the store and woke up near the end to create a poop storm! She was happy enough sitting in it but actually cried more when I went to change her than she did when she got her injections that morning! (You never know what a baby's going to complain about.) She settled and happily played with Grandma while Grandpa and I tried to figure out how to get a flat-packed wardrobe and dresser set in the back of their car. Eventually it all went in. We've still to build it though. Mark has promised help tonight. I'll post some pictures when we get it all up. :)
She's 2 months and 4 days old and smiling all the time now. Her hair is still growing (there was a couple weeks there where it was falling out faster than it was growing but we seem to be back on track now) and her eye colour changes daily. It all depends on what light you see them in. Today they look blue, yesterday they seemed green and the day before they were flecked with brown. So who knows!! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.