Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Here, There, Food Everywhere!

The weaning adventure has begun! We're not really following one school of thought here. We're taking a bit of Baby-Led Weaning and combining it with what we like from traditional weaning and just throwing in a mishmash of whatever seems to work for us as a family. (However, I've recently read that if you're spoon feeding and giving finger foods then that's really just conventional weaning. Meh! Too many terms, we're just doing what feels right for Jessica.)

Saturday Morning: a bit of banana in her net foody thingey (a what? yes. that's why there's a link) went down a hit! We have a little bit of video footage. I'll see if there's anything super adorable to share when we get the video camera hooked up. We were late leaving for Gran and Grandpa's but it was an acceptable delay, everyone agreed.

Saturday Evening: We had dinner at Gran and Grandpa Smith's, they treated us to pizza and Jessie had a bit of pear. She wasn't that impressed. I think eating on her Daddy's knee in a strange place was too much too soon.

Sunday Afternoon: A rusk in the car. Big mistake! No bib, no tray.. rusk everywhere! But she loved it.

Monday Morning: Steamed apples for breakfast!


Monday Afternoon: Apple baby cookie.

Monday Evening: Mushed carrots! Pictures are still on Mark's phone, definitely more messy than the apples. She went straight into the tub post-dinner.

Tuesday Morning Opening a box of baby porridge with a baby in one arm is not recommended. Baby porridge all over the floor. She wasn't even interested in it when I finally got it prepared so breakfast was banana again. The girl adores banana.

Tuesday Afternoon Baby rice cake - apple flavoured. Gummed into submission but not really eaten.

Tuesday Evening Broccoli and mushed potato. Another messy adventure. I'm not sure much went into her belly but she did enjoy the experience and right now that's what matters most. (Straight into a post-dinner bath again!)

2 comments:

  1. wow- net food thingy...who'dathunkit?

    adorable picts!!! seriously- I WANNA HOLD THAT BABY!!!!! (sorry, daddy... that hair looks red to me!)

    ...and now, for the ultimate stupidity show...what's a rusk and why did the baby have one in the car...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and... whatdya mean- anything super adorable??? IT'S ALL super adorable! post it already!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...