Thursday, February 10, 2011

Little Dipper.

A little overdue but still too cute not to share.

waay back on the 25th of January ;) after an afternoon in the park


Jessica and I collected Daddy from work and took him to Five Guys for dinner
(our first time there)
The burgers were great (if a little overpriced) but the fries were mediocre. Mark and I actually threw away a ton of fries. I think that might be the first time ever that all fries were not consumed. Their fries REQUIRED ketchup to be palatable. But I digress.

Just that afternoon I'd been talking to a friend about her daughter's new love of ketchup. (Yes the adorable little girl in the first picture.) I'd mentioned that I was sure my daughter would love ketchup just as much as I do, so I was going to refrain from introducing ketchup for as long as possible. My daughter, who is secretly fluent in english, had other ideas.

Often in these situations, Jessica is allowed a few fries to demolish as she sees fit.


However, tonight things went a bit differently. The communal ketchup tub was in the middle of the table and almost every fry we ate was preluded by a ketchup dunking. Our little all seeing, all doing copycat was taking everything in and without any prompting tapped her fry on the side of the ketchup tub! What?! We both did a double take. Did she really do that on purpose? We moved the ketchup slightly closer to her... she waited a few seconds and then.. the next fry went IN the ketchup! Monkey see- monkey do! She's a learning machine!


What's even funnier is that she's not even really interested in the ketchup, she just wants to do what Mommy and Daddy are doing. The couple times she managed to get ketchup on the fry she looked a bit startled when it made it back to her mouth.

4 comments:

  1. "welll...if this is how it's done, then that's what I'm going to do!"

    (too bad the stuff's full of sugar and salt!)

    it IS adorable all the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get organic sugar-free salt-free ketchup... potentially taste-free too though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. or.... just squish a tomato! :-)

    ....wonder how it DOES taste anyway???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie is too awesome! Love this post :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...