Sunday, June 24, 2012

Zumba... aiieeee!


You'll never believe what we did yesterday morning. Straight off a midnight arrival home from a conference in Colorado, Mark accompanied me to the grand opening of our new gym. The promise of free food and a raffle can do amazing things (ie. getting him out of bed before 9 on the weekend.)

The plan was to drop Jessica off in the Kid's Club and hit the 9:30 Speed Fitness class. It was supposed to be a 5 circuit demo class showing off some of their new programs. After asking at the front desk, she waved us off in a general direction... apparently we did not follow her vague wave correctly and found ourselves in a fitness studio with something like 50 women and 3 men. Mark looked at me, I shrugged back.

Enter the instructors... super buff black guy and a tiny cute Hispanic girl in a short skirt. See Mark? There's a male instructor. You'll be fine. Ahem. Two second later the lead instructor turns to the girl and she rips his pants off to reveal the tiniest hotpants ever. Mark looks at me with eyes the size of saucers and expression that says, "where have you taken me?!" Between the instructor's accent and his effeminate voice I can't understand a single word he's saying but the music starts and away we go!

I've never been to a Zumba class before, so honestly I still believed we were just in a really bizarre speed fitness class... Mark had no such illusions, but I have to give the guy credit, he danced his heart out and stayed the entire time. It was fabulous!! It lasted an hour, we were exhausted but had a hilarious experience to add to the memory file. Don't hold your breath for it to be a regular outing though!

Afterwards we headed out for the raffle and Mark won a $60 gift card to the spa at their gold club out in Cary. People did the reserved clapping you get at raffles but when he walked back and very blatantly gifted it to me, there was an eruption of "awwws" and more clapping. My husband is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...