A couple months back I signed Jessica up for a Creative Movement "dance" class. It was a disaster. We still have two classes left and while I try to stay positive to encourage Jessica, I bet she can still tell that I dread it.
She loves dancing. She loves her ballet shoes. She loves Angelina Ballerina. The logical progression would be -- she loves dance class. Not. I don't know if it's the teacher, the building, the small class (only 2 other girls) or if she just had a bad first day (we had just dropped Daddy off at the airport and she didn't eat breakfast) but it all went downhill from there. Four classes later she still clings to me, cries, doesn't participate, begs to go home... it's a train wreck.
Hence you can see why I might be slightly worried about the gymnastics class I signed her up for a month ago, that starts today.
I shouldn't have wasted a second worrying. She LOVED it. I mean SERIOUSLY LOVED it. From the moment she saw the indoor rock wall and climbing frame in the lobby she's was hooked. After a few minutes introducing herself to other children and playing chase with a ball we headed into class.
The teacher was brilliant. Lively, bubbly, engaging. She used to be a kindergarten teacher but has been teaching dance and gymnastics for Raleigh Parks and Rec for four years. Jessica danced, jumped, bounced, ran, followed directions, played nicely, took turns. She was an absolute dream and my heart swelled with love watching her play. I'm positive that knowing other children in the class helped her confidence. I can't wait to go back. Jessica's still talking about 'Nastics! We'll definitely be signing back up for next month!
So funny- I watched it again, it finished and the link went right to the Olympics, Gymnastics, Day 1!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you guys! I want to sign Bea up for a class this fall. I think she'll love it, if she can get over her shyness of course
ReplyDelete