It has been a bizarre morning... a morning that is playing with my adrenaline hard.
My toddler wanders in to wake me up. (You get up before your children? Good for you. That's not the way it works in this house.)
She takes one look at me and strips down to her skivvys. I blink at her. huh? After some complicated early morning charades it's determined that she wants the blue shirt with a baby chick on the front that I'm currently wearing. Apparently it's 'HER Best Shirt.' huh? It's too early, I give her the shirt. Oh well - it gets me dressed faster. We've got Stroller Strides this morning and need to get out of the house on time.
VERDICT - rudely awakened but this goes in the positive column because it gets me moving quicker than normal.
Drive to Stroller Strides. 2 miles from the park, flashing lights in the rear view mirror... ugh no.
Do you know how fast you were going? -No
Almost 55 in a 35. -No?
Is there somewhere you're going? -Erm yes?
Do you have your license and registration? -umm probably? What does the registration look like?
Really though, he was incredibly nice, not mean at all and even though he had no real reason to let me off with a warning, he did. *GIANT WHEW*
VERDICT - Although my heart is in my chest, my hands are shaking and I'm late for class this gets marked as a positive. No ticket AND it encouraged me to pay more attention to the road.
Class, playground and duck feeding....
I decide to stop at AC Moore on the way home to buy some fabric dye for Jessie's halloween costume. No dye the right colour to be found, but I was already in there with a 40% off coupon so I picked up some puff paint to decorate pumpkins...(more on that later.) Head to the register. The line is always long here. It's the norm. One person in front of me so I decide to dig out my wallet. NO WALLET!! Probably just fell out in the car. Carry 27 lb sack of toddler back to car. NO WALLET!! Proceed to destroy interior of car searching for wallet. No success. (Did I mention that I needed to pee. This does not help calm a woman down.) I call the park and see if some has turned in a wallet. Nope, but she was really friendly and said she'd keep an eye out.
I get Jessie buckled back and just as I'm about to head back to the park to retrace our steps, my eyes land on the glove compartment... it couldn't be that easy could it? WALLET!! I must have shoved it in there when I put the registration away but the panic of the moment fried my memory pathways.
Call the park back, thank them for their time, explain where it was; blame toddler. yes. I blamed my kid. I'm not proud. I'm chalking it up to the need to pee and adrenaline. Take a deep breath and head home. (oh, I did go back into the store and get the puff paint in case you were curious.)
VERDIT - POSITIVE. No explanation needed.
I still have half a day left but I'm cautiously optimistic...
I'm feeling oddly unlucky and lucky at the same time.

That's so great about not getting a ticket, I'm sending good karma his way for u :) xx
ReplyDeleteWow! What a day! I'm truly surprised that all that didn't rate a phone call! I'm glad it all turned out well in the end...Jen's got a good idea, re: policeman. Good karma and blessings going his way!
ReplyDelete