Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Honestly? At class tonight I felt like an alcoholic at an AA meeting who walked in hooting, " I was at the most awesome bar last night and I drank sooo much man!"
Confused? Okay, I'll backtrack.
Mark and I joined a gym. Joining bonus included Life Time Fitness Bucks that we could spend on gym services. I chose a personal training session and a few weeks of 'Team Weight Loss.'
It's been great. The trainer is pretty awesome. She's a great motivator and I really push myself just to get her praise. (I'm 30. You wouldn't think simple praise would be such a powerful motivator anymore, you'd be wrong.) The class meets three times a week for an interval based treadmill workout. Without my heart-rate monitor egging me on I'm sure I'd be less interested but looking at my little watch and realizing I've burnt 800 calories in the past hour? That's gold.
However, Monday nights are a little different. The first half hour is spent in a little office discussing nutrition It's how I imagine a Weight Watchers meeting would be if Weight Watchers met in a tiny office, only had 4 people attend and devoted a large amount of time to benefits of protein and sweet potatoes. (Seriously. I think my trainer's favourite food is the sweet potato.)
Tonight was Monday. Tonight's topic? "Have you eaten out recently and what did you have?" (really? have I eaten out recently? does winne the pooh enjoy honey?)
Okay yes. Last night we went out. Texas Roadhouse to be precise. What did I have? I don't think what I had for a meal even mattered after it was revealed that I started off by nomming up at least four of those yummy rolls with cinnamon butter they so tantalizingly present you with as soon as you sit down. [Some of you with photographic memories might remember when they popped up in last year's 365.]
Turns out there's roughly 220 calories in each roll BEFORE you add butter. I consumed more than 880 calories before our dinner even arrived. 440 of those before we even ordered our dinner! (hmm... it's pretty obvious why the weight isn't exactly melting off despite the increased exercise)
When I admitted that breakfast was a brownie and that lunch was, well.. a brownie, I was sure I would be asked to leave. I was not.
She suggested that next time I ask the server not to bring bread.. Huh? Oh and that I should order the roasted chicken with a sweet potato. (is it possible to own stock in sweet potatos??)
Nutrition class adjourned and we headed to the treadmills. I'm pretty sure the extra push-ups we got tonight were my fault. Can't say I didn't need them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are sooo funny!! How do you do the hugs again with the keyboard keys? If I could remember,I'd send you one!!
ReplyDelete