- Our duvet needs to be sent out for dry cleaning since my parents pets visited. I seem to be allergic to both.
- All the air filters upstairs need to be changed, but I've been forbidden from climbing ladders and Mark hasn't been getting home until late recently. Plus we'd probably have to actually buy replacement filters before we could change them, huh.
- VACUUM. yeaaaaah... you're supposed to actually do that aren't you.
Baby/Mummy stats:
Baby seems to be doing some major renovating. I'm sure my waistline has exploded exponentially in the past couple weeks. I'm not too worried because I've only actually put on 2lbs since I got pregnant, so I'm relatively confident that the expansion is all down to baby and not that chocolate cake I HAD to make last week.
We got out First Tri Genetic Screen results back this week. They were delightful. It screens for Downs and Trisomy 13 and 18. Honestly I have no idea what we would have done if the results weren't great but if you know Mark and I, we're nothing if not well informed. The risk is at 1 in greater that 10,000 which is as high as their scale (at this particular office) goes.
Our next appointment is January 31st and then the gender identifying scan will be shortly after! Less than a month till we find out if Meatball the second (that's a really bad name isn't it?) will be a boy or a girl. Jessica and Mark both threw a spanner in the works last night when they both gave me a negatory on the boy name I thought we'd decided on ages ago. This should be interesting. (I think Jessica's main complaint is that it's a boy's name and she's adamant that we shall have a 'baby girl just like her.')
My first bump shots last time didn't occur till week 16 so you'll have to wait another week before I show you just how large I look this time around.
I haven't thrown up since Tuesday morning although I'm still nauseous 24/7.
Sleeping is almost impossible. Can't fall asleep easily because of the allergies. (I should really just clean.) Can't STAY asleep because I have to wake up at least twice, sometimes three times to pee. Can't get comfortable because I can't sleep on my back anymore and my back/hips seem to ache no matter what position I'm in. I seem to sleep better during the day when I'm NOT supposed to be asleep. I'm looking forward to Mark's parents arriving next month so I can take midday naps on purpose!
Happy that heartburn hasn't started yet!
Jessica is still incredibly excited and includes the baby whenever she talks about us as a family. Example: We're going to the park. ---> Daddy and Mummy and Baby and me will all be there! She's started kissing my belly too, which is rather awkward since I'm sure it's still just 98% fat, but she's cute so what are you going to do?
She says she would like to name the baby, 'Baby Girl.'
aw, punkin...I'm sorry. I now have a pet-sitter for Jazz~ friend of mine volunteered when she found out that we'd had to take her because of the meds, etc. That will be a HUGE help!
ReplyDeleteI vote for springing for a maid service!!
"A house-wife not I'll be, I'm not married to this ol' house!
I'll take baby and me out to the shade,
& I'm gonna hire me a maid!"
"Baby Girl" is infinitely preferable to any of Aidan's suggestions (Rock Garden, Emperor Zurg, and Wensleydale).
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you! Hopefully, the absence of a gallbladder will help alleviate some of the wretchedness you experienced last time.
Love and hugs!
<3 Mag