Baby/Mummy stats:
I was at the OB for a checkup on Monday. They did the dreaded Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT), which honestly, was not nearly as bad as expected! In Scotland they sent me straight for the 4 hour test because the baby was measuring ahead. This baby is measuring a week ahead too (no... their dates aren't wrong, really) but they were happy starting with the one hour test. To make it even easier, they even sent the syrupy drink home with me at my 26 week appointment with instructions on how and when to take it before the next appointment. (Syrupy fruitpunch? You know what? I can handle that. It's like a snow cone without the annoying icy bits.) I downed it at 7:41am, appointment started at 8:15am and by 8:41am I'd had all my routine tests, met with the doctor and was in the chair waiting to get my blood drawn. Which (as you all know) is never fun for me. Surprise surprise - they hit a vein on the first try AND I have enough blood flowing to fill all 3 vials. Awesome. So much better than last time.
Baby's heart rate was 142
My blood pressure was good but honestly, those numbers mean nothing to me so I find them hard to remember.
I'm up a total of 16lbs. (My goal now is 1lb a week for the next 12 weeks.. unlikely but I can try!)
GTT test results were normal.
Platelets are low, but not concerningly low. They'll retest in two weeks.
Now for your daily DUH moment.. I'm testing as anemic. No wonder I'm freakin' dizzy with a racing pulse so much of the time. Kinda wonder why they didn't feel like checking my iron levels or suggest a supplement 2 months ago. It's not like I haven't mentioned it every time I've been in the office. Picked up some iron pills today so hopefully I'll be feeling less dizzy in about a week. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.