Friday, August 30, 2013

Let's try this again.

We made it to midday relatively incident free. Gabriel is fussier than normal because we're all sick. (All at different stages sick and what feels like completely different sickness as well. Example. Jessica is coughing, Gabriel has a low fever and an upset belly, I have a headache that won't quit and that delightfully husky sick voice, Mark's sneezing and his nose won't stop. See? Like I said, it doesn't make sense.)

I decide that since all is going relatively well that we should get to the store. I NEED stamps and I was also hoping to find something caffeine/dairy free at starbucks that might make me happy. 

Get Gabriel dressed.
Put Gabriel in the carseat. 
Collect my things.
Gabriel poops.
Take Gabriel out of carseat, change and replace back into carseat.
Tell Jessica to head out to the car. 
She wants to go out the front door and meet me in the garage. I grudgingly allow it. 
I head out to the garage via the kitchen. 
*all hell breaks lose*
Apparently I was not to open the garage. She wanted to wait outside for it to open. She is angry, sad and inconsolable. I put Gabriel into the car. (Can you believe that my anti-car child is actually sitting happily awake in his carseat while his sister rages?) Jessica is crying and won't cooperate. I decide to call it quits. 
Turn off car.
Take baby inside.
Practically drag toddler back inside. Eventually carry her upstairs. 
I send her to her room until she's ready to relax. 

She comes out a few minutes later with questions about a recent tragedy in our family. I know it's hard for a three year to grasp death and some families might not even mention it, but I wanted her to know that someone we loved and who loved her had passed. There's no way I can stay angry with her when she's obviously decided to be worried. 

Gabriel is sleepy and I put him into his rock n play. (Major difference between him and his sister here... Gabriel decides, 'okay this'll do.' and GOES TO SLEEP! Something Jessica never figured out.) Jessica and I talk about her Uncle, how much we loved him and what happened and how you don't die from being a little sick like she is now, but that he was very very sick for a long time. We rock and she falls asleep on me. I move her to the bed. 10 minutes later she wakes up a little and cries because I'm not next to her (see I told you she still hasn't mastered it.) I lay next to her and she goes back to sleep. It's been 40 minutes and both my children are asleep at the same time during the day. I'm not sure this has ever happened. 

I think I'll just ask Mark to buy stamps on the way home...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...