I have a few minutes now.
Jessica is watching a show about legos that fight. Legos are her new big thing - we're trying to hold off on buying any since the last thing we need right now are more tiny things to step on. She keeps talking about how Bo and Papa will have legos next time we visit them. Yes Jessica, they do indeed have legos at Papa and Bo's. My pretty pink and purple legos.
and Gabriel, well he's still asleep! I'm hearing little baby squeaks every now and then though so it sounds like he may be up any minute.
At 8 weeks we thinks he's about 13lbs. (This is our rough estimation from holding him on our scale. We'll get an exact weight and height next week at his 2 month checkup.)
- He's holding toys! Yes HOLDING!! He can use both hands to move a toy around and get it to his mouth. At first I thought it was a fluke but then he repeated it multiple times over the course of a day and with different toys! His lion that was a gift from one of our neighbors and the cow which was a marketing present from Cow&Gate when we had Jessica.
- He's smiling. His first smile was way back on August 2nd and we've had at least one good smile almost every day since, but two nights ago it was really amazing. We'd smile at him, he'd smile back, I'd giggle, he'd smile, Mark would stick out his tongue, Gabriel would attempt to copy him and then give us a big toothless grin. The smiling went on for a solid five minutes. He's really engaging with us.
- He's still spitting up. Like ALL the time. When I'm strong (or not forgetful) and don't eat dairy he's much better. We were all sick this weekend though and it hit Gabriel differently. It upset his belly. There was more baby sick and less baby poop. He seems to have developed a little cough now but it hasn't kept him from getting a good night's sleep. Yesterday he threw up his entire feed directly afterwards at the park... I was worried but his next feed stayed down and he didn't seem upset.
- He's generally a very chill baby - unless we're in the car. He hates the carseat just as much as his sister did. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have one of those babies who you actually put in the car to calm them down....
- He's getting a little eyebrow fluff now but it's not noticeable in photos yet.
- His eyes are still blue and getting lighter by the day. We've decided that while Jessica has my eye shape and almost my eye colour (hers are more hazel), it looks like Gabriel will have his father's eyes entirely. The shape and the colour are both Mark's.
Wow... he's not awake yet.. I've got about 30 minutes before we need to leave for J's gymnastics class so I'd better start pulling things together. If I don't make sure he's fed BEFORE we get in the car the poor boy will be hoarse from crying by the time we get there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We met Mark for lunch today. Gabriel was the perfect baby and allowed me to eat with both hands by kindly sleeping through lunch. Here's the happy baby before he realized he had to stay in the car seat...
Oh and have you seen Jessica in her gymnastics outfit...? Yes. ADORABLE!
and for your dose of all things Gabriel, I'm officially releasing to the viewing public:



No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.