The flurries started falling almost exactly at 12:30. Here are the kiddos watching it come down. One is obviously more interested in the snow than the other. Hint, it's not the one who asked if she could watch tv instead.
Mark's safe and sound and not stuck in traffic across the country in Colorado. Must say, snow isn't nearly as lovely without him here. Jessica's not nearly as interested in my running commentary about how high the snow is now. Thankfully, we have lovely neighbors who she got to play with outside. (Note to self.. buy your child snow pants!) There's only so long I can keep a 7 month old out in the snow before I feel a bit guilty. That snow date turned into a movie and cocoa at a friend's house which then progressed to dinner and a movie at our house. All in all a pretty perfect snow day.
This is the snow at it's loveliest around 4pm before the sleet started at 5.
As much as I love the white stuff. I'm kinda nervous. Mark's flight home is due to arrive tomorrow night. I'm not sure the airport will even be open, it's supposed to snow more tomorrow. Friday my parents are supposed to drive down for the long weekend and Jessica's birthday. However, a foot or so of snow is forecasted for them tonight. The party is Saturday... I don't have everything I need yet... was hoping to go to the store today... that did not happen. At this point I don't even know if they'll have the roads cleared by Friday. What if Mark and my parents don't make it in time for the party... can I manage that many people on my own... do I still have time to order cupcakes or will I be baking 40+ cupcakes Friday night? Stay tuned.

Ooooh - good luck!
ReplyDelete