There are two Harris Teeters in my world. The one we went to when we lived in the rental house and the one literally 3 minutes from our new house. I prefer everything about the first Harris Teeter except that it is now a 10 minute drive. Jessica also prefers this Harris Teeter. Why? Because of this guy.
 |
| This look says, "What is happening? I had no idea this thing could move!" |
 |
"If I push this button again what happens?"
|
 |
| "but seriously people.. how is this moving?" |
If she follows directions and behaves during the shopping she gets to sit in the dragon for a couple of minutes on the way out. We've been doing this for a while. If I ever find them I'll add in the other photos of her in the dragon I've taken over the past two years. I have at least three that I'm sure of. I'm not sure why they decided to choose tonight to be stubborn and hide from me.
 |
| haha! It wasn't just me! These photos from October 2012 have no one cent sticker! |
I've long been a proponent of the "don't ever put money in the machine and they won't know that it actually does something" school of thought. However today I noticed something. That giant 1 cent sign up there. Has it always been there? Surely not. Does it really mean ONE PENNY? Upon closer inspection I can see a 50 cent label taped over at the bottom of the machine and this new coin slot jury rigged up top. I don't mention anything to Jessica and hesitantly pop a penny in. Nothing happens. Relived I didn't mention anything I hope the cart boy didn't notice me putting a penny in the machine. Then I hear a disembodied voice that does not seem to be coming from the dragon, reminding me not to leave my child unattended. I tell Jessica to try the start button. Nothing happens. About 20 seconds later the start button starts flashing green. Jessica stares at it. I stare it. I tell her to try it again. Poof! It moves! Her whole world has changed. It wasn't crazy excitement, it was a more a whimsical "Oh my!" It was precious. The whole time she was trying to figure out what was causing it to move and wondering out loud what would make it stop. This was definitely worth a penny. Granted... a penny EVERY time we go will now be required. Meh, still worth it. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.