Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Looking for love



My name is Ashes. Do have room for me?



I had a family that loved me for 13 years but we can't be together anymore. I know I'm not a kitten but I still have so much love to give.

I love cuddles, one of the few felines that actually enjoys a hug. I'm living with a wonderful foster family but I can't stay. They have two big dogs and a cat of their own already.



I'm calm, I don't scratch at the furniture and you'll find my personal hygiene impeccable.

I'm not adverse to a home with other cats, providing they're accepting of newcomers.

Really all I want is someone to cuddle and scratch behind my ears. Warm lap required.


The story behind the name:

"I worked in property management. A resident called repeatedly one day telling us there was meowing in his walls. Of course we thought he was nuts. But, after about the third or fourth call, we sent maintenance men to appease him. Sure enough they heard it too. The thing was they were both afraid of cats. So I went with them. I pulled out each kitten as they were cut from the wall. 3. But then we heard another small mew. Then silence. We waited. It took a very long time to find shy, quiet Ashes, unlike her siblings. She was behind the fireplace. The most difficult to cut out. I couldn't resist her. Because she was the behind the fireplace, down in the wooden part closest to the chimney, I called her Ashes."






If you think you are Ashes forever family and live in the Raleigh, NC area, please email Susan at susanolvera@gmail.com for more information. [UPDATE: as of 8/29/2014 it looks like Ashes may have found a home! Thank you!]



I had the privilege to meet Ashes this morning. She is a very warm and loving kitty despite her forlorn expression. Even with dogs, kids and other cats in the mix she still let me cuddle her. She didn't shake, she didn't hiss, she didn't cower. This girl will make someone a wonderful companion. Please consider opening your heart and your home to this lovable furball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...