Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Roll Over Beethoven

It's official!! The rolling has begun! She's been hovering at "almost" for at least 2 weeks now and yesterday she accomplished it all on her own.

Monday Night
Roll one: I put her in her travel cot downstairs when Mark got home and almost immediately she started the attempt. (Her leopard bear was just out of reach and she was determined to reach him.)

Roll two: she'd gone down for the night and I thought she was asleep, I hear some rustling so I go back to see if she needs settled only to watch her flip over. I reverse her flip explain that for now she needs to sleep on her back. Does it take? No. A new trick is the funnest trick of all and she immediately rolls again.(Roll 3)

Roll four: I decide this is too cute for Mark to miss and tell him to hit the light so he can see (he's already asleep at this point and his eyes fall shut just in time to miss the 4th roll of the night.) He's disappointed and tries to keep his eyes open but apparently she's done rolling for the evening.

I lost count on the rest of the rolls, she continued rolling at random points throughout the night. She would roll and wind up halfway out of her crib and into our bed. Looks like we bought the crib just in time! If she tried rolling in our bed she'd push us both out!

The adorable baby has also found her thumb. She's been sucking on her fingers since around 2 and a half months old but yesterday it clicked and she realized the thumb would be easier and she couldn't gag herself with it. I'll see if we can manage to capture it in action with a photo. :)

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwwdawwwwwdddawwwww

    I must come visit you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...