As for the - mostly - in the first paragraph. I've been diagnosed with gallstones. Brilliant. I'd been having a cramping/queasiness in my stomach for the past month or so and when I finally saw the GP she sent me for an ultrasound. Lo and behold.. gallstones. Less than three days later I have my very first gallstone attack. It was unbearable. As they say, worse than childbirth. I had to see an emergency out of hours doctor to get something for the pain. I was completely incoherent with pain but I do remember the doctor asking me if it was worse than childbirth. At the time I was offended. When we left, between gasps of pain, I asked my mother in law what he meant by that. (It felt like he was saying, "If you could handle that, you should be able to handle this.") She assured me that that wasn't what he meant. It turns out that people often say that a gallstone attack is worse than childbirth. It's just the common way of referring to the severity of pain involved. I didn't know that. I do now. And yes. Worse than childbirth because while it feels A LOT like a contraction, contractions fade for a minute or two so you can breathe. This was a constant pain. A constant pain without the knowledge that it's for something wonderful. A trapped stone doesn't invoke the same sense of "I can do this!" that a beautiful baby does. So today we're taking it easy. Lots of naps and no heavy lifting. :) Hopefully we'll both make it through the day without any incidents. I even bought a nifty new Forehead Thermometer
Jessica's monthly weigh-in: 6.4kg (14.11 lbs) That's more than a pound since last month. I'll try to get her measured later and see how much longer she is. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.