It was brought to my attention this morning that is officially been more than a month since my last post. I keep meaning to write something but I'm sure as all of you with offspring know... things never go according to plan!
The first big blip was my gallbladder. I told you I'd had my first gallstone attack on the 14th but what you don't know is that over the next few weeks I had at least 12 more attacks, saw the out of hours doctor twice, regular doctor once, had three phone appointments and eventually wound up in the ER. I can't take the strong painkillers because I'm still breastfeeding and they think the ones they did give me made me itch all over. (It was either the codine OR the high bilirubin count in my blood making me want to tear my skin off. They can't really tell me which because I stopped taking the painkillers as the bilirubin count went down because there was no longer a stone lodged in my bile duct!)
I can honestly say I'm being conditioned to HATE the month of June. I spent most of June 2009 throwing up, June 2010 I spent throwing up, doubled over in pain and itching. I preferred 2009 because at least I knew it was for my baby... I feel no such love for my gallbladder.
It's been a week since my last attack and I managed to go a whole week pain free before that one as well so it feels like I'm getting my life back. I have a surgical consult Monday afternoon and they'll tell me what the plan for taking my gallbladder out is. I'm of two minds; I can't wait to have it out ant live in fear of another attack, but it's surgery, I'll be in the hospital away from my baby girl for the first time. I won't be able to feed her because of the drugs in my system, I'll have to pump and dump to keep up my supply, Mark will have to convince her that the bottle can be her friend and figure out someway to get her to sleep. I see it being a very stressful few days. The doctor in the ER said they might be able to make some considerations and arrange for a private room so I can have the baby in more often.
Speaking of the precious little one. She's awake. She's decided that instead of an hour she only wanted a 20 minute nap. *laughs* Hence the reason I haven't updated this blog in a month!
I have lots more stories for you, adventures in real diapers, her first 4th of July, attempts to crawl and more. I'm hoping I'll get a chance to write them up soon. For now, enjoy the new pictures on Picasa.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.