Monday, October 18, 2010

8 Months and a day!

I keep missing the month check-ins by a day! I got pretty darn close this time, it's only 20 minutes past midnight at the moment. Jessie was not interested in sleeping, despite yawning and rubbing her eyes she was determined to keep playing.

[You know what? I've only written 3 sentences but I've lot my train of thought at least 5 times already so I'm calling it a night and me and Jessie will try to do the update together tomorrow.]

~~Next Day~~

So after a good night's sleep and a mini photo shoot in the garden, we're back to finish up this post. However, Babybear decided to fall asleep on me so I'm attempting this update completely left handed!

At 8 months she has...



  • gained almost a pound since last month and is just shy of 19lbs



  • started babbling even more, never thought consonants could be so adorable!



  • worked out how to stand!! she can balance for almost 10 seconds completely unsupported



  • figured out how to throw a tantrum and has a completely new "I'm angry" cry



  • started chasing the cat and giggling when Leeloo comes to her



  • developed even more of a personality



  • gotten a bit less freaked by strangers, still doesn't like it if they try to touch her though!



  • She's crawling like a pro and climb the stairs faster than you'd think possible. She's an absolute joy and I thank God everyday for such an amazing blessing. I also pray for the strength and wisdom to do right by her and for the alertness required to catch her before she tries to eat power cables!

    2 comments:

    1. aw she's doing so well - lovely to see.

      I can't wait to come and visit again!

      ReplyDelete
    2. so very serious in this shot! contemplative, even!

      I love the updates, sweet! Now you are feeling the same way I did when my young daughter was poking things into the electric outlet!!!

      ReplyDelete

    Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...