Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Belated Easter Greeting

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! John 11:25-26 

Easter went by in kind of a blur this year. Jessica and I had just gotten back from spending spring break with our family in Kentucky and we were kind of worn out. Jessica was thrilled to be back home with all her toys in familiar surroundings while Mark was just thrilled to have us back. We'd missed the Stroller Strides group egg hunt and we decided that Jessa was probably still to young to get much out of a crazy crowded group egg hunt, so we just stayed home. (Not that I can actually ever picture us at a crowded group egg hunt, it's not really our thing. I have to say, the Dosmann's really knew what they were doing when they decided to have a family Easter on the beach. That might be a tradition I steal.) I wanted to hit a sunrise service somewhere in Raleigh but I really didn't know where to go. Sunrise service to me equals a beach and I just couldn't get my head around a service in a carpark... I shared a bit of the Easter Message with her, but it was probably more for me than her since I don't have a children's bible yet and she seemed unimpressed at the lack of pictures in mine.

So there were no plastic eggs or chocolate bunnies in ribbon in our house but I did manage to catch a brief glimpse of the rare Easter-BunnyBabyBear....






Dear Jessica,
Next year I promise we'll do it better. Church, a meal, egg hunting and sweets.
Love,
Mummy

3 comments:

  1. I wish I would have known you were in search of a Sunrise Service! We go to Oakwood Cemetery with our church and have a 45 piece brass band that plays. It's SO lovely!

    Next year (or any Sunday really), you're more than welcome to come with us to our church and have lunch afterward! We go to Raleigh Moravian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very adorable, my sweet- every little blessed bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That comment was from g'ma,you know... Not any ol' anon!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...