I wrote this a few weeks ago while we were without internet and I entirely forgot to actually post it.
My kitchen is completely clean for the first time since our things arrived and Jessa is still asleep. The internet isn’t getting connected until Wednesday, so there’s nothing to distract me. Time to write!
This is less of a – what’s going on in our world post and more of an information dump. J As a new parent meeting lots of other new parents I can say, with complete authority, that one thing we love to talk about are milestones. We know that we shouldn’t compare our child to another, the same way we know that children all develop at their own pace. Just because your little one isn’t walking by 15 months doesn’t mean they won’t grow up to be an Olympic athlete. However, this does not stop us from throwing dates around like hot commodities. Picture moms on the stock exchange floor… (I exaggerate. J) So far all the moms I’ve met seem to have their Mommy pride in good check!
That said… I love to know when other babies hit their milestones. I just want to know what the general curve is, where mine is on it and what those other moms whose babies play concert piano are doing! ;)
So here it is, in black and white: Jessica’s First Year
Born: 6:06pm GMT February 18th, 2010 (11 hours and 17 minutes after the first twinge) Here’s the full birth story as recounted by Daddy for those that are interested. Construction Complete
Stats: Weight- 8lbs, Length- 49cm, Head- 35.5cm
First lifted her head: By 3 weeks
Started grabbing things: at 6 weeks
First smile: Between 4 and 5 weeks
First laugh: 18 weeks – chuckling, 19 weeks – proper laughter
First unassisted roll over: 14 weeks
First able to sit up alone: 5 ½ months
First tooth – almost 6 months
First crawled on her knees: 27 weeks (6 months 3 days)
First stood unaided: 7 ½ months
First pointed: 9 months 2 days
First clapped: 9 months 10 days
First waved: 9 months 10 days (it was a busy month for you!)
First steps unaided: 10 months 10 days
* Proper walking: 10 months 17 days
* Confidant walking: 11 months
I feel the same way as you about comparing our kids...but it's such a mommy thing to do. With that said...Jess seems to be ahead of the game! She definitely hit her sitting, crawling, standing, and walking milestones way ahead of my kiddo. We love you, Jess!
ReplyDeleteThat further proves that they focus on one skill set before the other. Avery's speaking skills are incredible! and while Jessica can occasionally say something resembling kitcat, all we really get are Dadadadadadadas directed at everything.
ReplyDeleteto my darling daughter~you have once again managed to post details that, written differently, could have been mind numbing; HOWEVER, in your capable fingers make them delightful for any reader!!
ReplyDeleteJess is sooooo lucky to have you for a mommy!!
(there's a book in your future, my dear!)
Aww - lovely :)
ReplyDelete