Friday, April 1, 2011

Random ramblings

Oh bah. I hate it when that happens. Walking home from class today I knew there was something I wanted to write about. I get home, feed the bear, get the bear down for a nap, feed myself, open computer... draw complete blank. Delightful. It was interesting too. I'm sure of it.

In other, less interesting news. My brain is frazzled (nothing new there.) A few minutes ago I was in the kitchen making lunch. I got a glass out and filled it with tea. I reheated last night's dinner and then got a glass out and filled it with sparkling water. I let that sink in for a second... Yes. 2 glasses, 2 drinks. Either I was really thirsty or my subconscious knew I shouldn't be drinking tea after my free, post class, Starbucks indulgence.

*Starbucks tangent* mmmm free Starbucks... I filled in one of those on the recipet surveys the other day and was rewarded with a free tall drink, which the staff instore said was just silly and that I could have any size I wanted. Of course I went for a large.. or a venti as they call it. When it's free why wouldn't you?

Side note (or should that be side question)?: Do you actually call the drinks at Starbucks - Tall, Grande and Venti? I can't seem to make myself do it. Besides forgetting which each one corresponds to unless I'm staring at the menu, I feel like a complete gob saying it. Like it's some private Starbucks joke and that somewhere Baldwin, Siegl, and Bowker (the founders- look you learned something!) are giggling every time someone says it.

And since I haven't actually remembered what I signed in to write about like I'd hoped I would. I'll leave you at that.

1 comment:

  1. I can't ever remember their size names. I usually end up blurting out something like, "Uh, Could I please have a smallish, but not too small, but not the biggest size latte"... I'm sure I get the Crazy Lady stare and I just haven't noticed it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...