Wednesday, June 1, 2011

10,000 steps and counting.

UPDATE: WE WON!!!! :D

For the past month I've been competing with my team " The Yummy Mummies" in a 10,000 steps a day challenge with my Stroller Strides class. The rules were simple, walk at least 10,000 steps every day and the team with the most cumulative steps at the end wins. We all included a few goals for the month. My goals included hitting 10,000 steps every day and shifting 5 out of the 10 extra pounds I've picked up since moving back to America.

I'm thrilled to say that as of this morning those 5lbs are gone and I managed 10,000 or more steps on all but two days!

Some days it was hard. Days like last Wednesday where it was 10:30pm and I only had 5,000 steps... thank goodness for the 24 hour gym in my building! I hit it hard and 40 minutes and 3 miles later I'd passed the 10,000 mark.

Some days it was easy. On Memorial Day I was at 12,000 steps before noon! It's amazing what hanging out with my Mom can do. (It's no surprise that she's half my size! That woman moves!)

I had an awesome team. The girls were incredible and their daily totals were amazing! I'm positive I wouldn't have gotten as much out of the competition if I didn't have their encouragement. We checked in with each other every day, all of us celebrating the previous days' total or sympathizing on a particularly slow day. I didn't feel silly marching in place when my team-mates happily joined in. So, Jennifer and Megan, I'd like to say thanks for being so darned awesome! :D  (of course I now have a strange habit of walking in place like I need to pee....)

My daily totals (My daily average was 11,666)

4th   11652
5th 12156
6th 11362
7th 12148
Week 1 Total 47318
8th 12006
9th 15728
10th 10674
11th 12641
12th 10860
13th 12260
14th 10042
Week 2 Total 84211
15th 10183
16th 10336
17th 11657
18th 11891
19th 12012
20th 11678
21st 10018
Week 3 Total 77775
22nd 13303
23rd 13352
24th 10820
25th 10232
26th 8529
27th 10361
28th 8581
Week 4 Total 75178
29th 14661
30th 17268
31st 10245
Week 5 Finale! 42174

4 comments:

  1. You did awesome! Yay for Yummy Mummies....go team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't know yet. The results will be posted at http://midtownraleighmoms.blogspot.com/when everyone turns in their tallies, but I'll come back an update as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm impressed!!!! GO BECC!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...