Friday, June 10, 2011

Seriously off topic.

A midday email forward from my father brings us this little gem that I just had to share. (Every once in a while the parents manage to fwd on a email worthy of the fwd button. ;)

Redneck Turtle Burgers

Handmade ground beef patties, topped with sharp cheddar cheese, wrapped in a bacon weave, then the next step, add hotdogs as the heads, legs with slits for toes and tail.
Next step.  Place on an oven rack, covered loosely with foil and baked for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees.  A little crispy, not too crunchy...just how a turtle should be, no?




I can't decide if I'm horrified or a little eager. I'm leaning towards disturbed yet impressed. I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at it. Southerns. Ya gotta lov'em. (Now if you passed it over to a Glaswegian.. they'd feel obliged to further deep fry it.)

**************************

Edit: As far as I can piece together I'm pretty sure it originated at the INTERWEBS RANDOMNESS AND OTHER INSPIRING TALES Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I can only imagine what that would look like deep fried! It looks quite interesting, but I think I can safely say I won't be trying it, that's too much grease even for a hardened Scot like me... now where's my deep fried mars bar? Mmmmm, no urban myth, just molten heaven! :D

    Jenn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a pretty good way to describe the feeling one gets- disturbed, yet oddly impressed. I don't know if I should "go aw, how cute," or get the shivers all over!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...