Monday, September 19, 2011

19 months later...

As previously mentioned, Jessica's 18 month well-baby check fell much closer to 19 months, but as long as she's healthy and happy no one really cares right?



So here's the stats:

22.9 lbs (that puts her in the 25th percentile)
32 inches tall (50th percentile)
umm head size... somewhere on a notepad in Mark's phone, but I remember she said it was the 50th percentile too. So a very average sized noggin.

The height is the one that gets me! 32 inches?! When did that happen? I've noticed her pants all getting shorter but still.... she's almost 3ft tall! Go baby, Go!

She was a total trooper with her injections as well. Of course she cried when she was jagged, afterall, who wouldn't? Especially when you weren't exactly TOLD what was about to happen. I held her so Daddy could be the good guy and cuddle her afterwards. She cuddled Daddy for a minute and then all was either forgiven or forgotten and she wanted me to make it better. I held her for a minute, we gave her a sippy cup of milk and the tears were gone. By the time we hit reception on the way out the tiny tear tracks on her cheeks were the only give away that she was ever distressed.

She's still not much of a chatterbox, well, she's started chatting but we don't get real words most of the time. She does have a few words that she uses regularly, with BALL being her current favourite. She points out balls everywhere. Those big red ones outside Target? Yup. Little tiny round rocks? Yup those are balls too. She's loving balloons, inflated, deflated, torn into pieces. It doesn't matter (and yeah - they're called balls too.) Her favourite past time is hanging out on the deck, throwing balls off the side and begging you to retrieve them for her (a game she invented with Iain during his visit - thanks a lot Iain!) She's changing so fast these days... it's kind of scary how fast she's creeping up on TWO!!

1 comment:

  1. There's no way she's nearly 2! NO. WAY. I refuse to believe it :( I miss you guys so much xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...