Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday Confessional

I'm linking up with my super sweet mama friend over at Life With Busy Bea this week for her new Friday Confessionals series.
Life with Busy Bea

Why? Is there something particular I'm super keen to confess to? No. Not really. I'd rather not admit to making my daughter so angry that she threw up. However, Ashley's going on her first multi-day trip away without her baby this weekend so I figure the least I can do is help distract her a bit!

This morning started out a very different speed than normal. Jessica's belated 18 month well baby check was scheduled for 10am and since it would entail shots I kindly demanded that Mark accompany me for moral support and child control. So after a leisurely paced morning, during which I actually got to have a shower, we headed out to Raleigh to see the doctor.

Our doctor is lovely. I'm incredibly happy I decided to go with a family practice rather than a dedicated pediatrican. Example: Dr. Burkehead was busy praising Jessie when I absent mindedly started scratching the allergic reaction/bug buffet that I like to refer to as my skin. She took one look at me and insisted on writing me a duplicate prescription for more steroids. See, there are benefits to sharing a doc. No second appointment required, no additional copay, just a little bit of common sense.

Yes, I'm getting sidetracked. Fess up. Why was my daughter so angry she puked? Well....

The weather is gorgeous today, 55 degrees (12c) and overcast.  It's due to be back up in the 80's by Monday but I'm pulling out my hoodies, jeans and pretending that fall is here. After dropping Mark off at work Jessica and I headed to Target. There's a little pair of brown boots there... I saw them a couple months ago and decided that I'd get them for Jessica as soon as the weather changed. Sadly, they only had them in a 5 and even though she has a pair of 5's in her closet that look like clown shoes these 5's would barely go on. (Is it really asking so much for them to standardize toddler shoe sizes?!) Well, there was a fluffy purple pair that she loved but purple won't match her wardrobe filled with pink and brown... so I made her take them off and leave them behind. I'm so cruel. No little girl should ever be denied purple fluffy boots! I digress. We stop at Wendy's on the way home a grab a frosty and fries, which we share. (She had two injections today I think she deserves a tiny bit of chocolate. - nb. Today was the first time she has actually shown any interest in chocolate! In other words, it only took her 575 days to equate awesome with chocolate.)

We get home and for once I'm actually eager to chase her around out on the deck. Fabulous weather and all that. Wait. I need to get her into some tights first. I <3 baby tights. If I could have a collection of cotton tights like my daughter I'd be in heaven. She's NEVER taken issue to tights before. Why should it be any different now? *ahem* because she's nearing 2 that's why. To hear my daughter you'd think I was trying to amputate with a rusty saw (and I'm sure my neighbors did hear since I promptly opened all the windows when we got home.)

After some very vocal debating, the tights are on. She's squalling. I'm refusing to take them off. They're cute! She's screaming. But they're so adorable! She's screeching. but Babeee!! She's throwing up. Okay. Tights are coming off. :(

I'm sorry that I made you puke for my own sense of fashion Babybear. (but I can't promise that I won't try to put you in tights again tomorrow.... ;)

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, poor baby! I'd probably have a similar reaction to Jessica if you tried to part me from my shoes!! I saw the CUTEST wee pink furry boots the other day, so cute in fact I had to take a picture!! I'll send it over so you can verify their cuteness :D lol xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...