Thursday, September 12, 2013

G-Bear is 2 months

9 weeks later... Gabriel is 2 months old. How has it possibly been that long already? 

Stats
12lbs 14oz 64th percentile
22.25 inches 16th percentile (yup he's going to be a shorty too!)
41 cm head circumference 94th percentile (big heed!)


He had that same bewildered look in both photos, I couldn't resist. This continuity shot thing is harder than I expected.

He's such a lovely baby. So much simpler than my dear sweet Jessabear ever was. I don't think it's simply because I have a clue what I'm doing this time either. He's just more chill. Don't get me wrong, he still demands to be held just as much as J ever did, but I can put him down when he falls asleep and he'll actually stay that way! He'll even sit in a swing and coo at you! 




Self settling? *kablewy* mind blown. He can do it! This is not a skill J learned till close to 2! I'm still boggled every time it happens. 

He sleeps in incredible 4-5 hour stretches at night, wakes to nurse and then goes straight back to sleep. I don't think I even got this much uninterrupted sleep while I was pregnant!

Oh my gosh the baby spew. It never ends. In addition to dairy, his belly is not fond of caffeine or eggs. (Both learned the hard way.) Still trying to piece together what I can and can't eat. I have developed a new love of avocado though. Did not see that coming. Oh, but how much do I crave pizza, a cherry coke and a latte. Don't get me started on cereal...

Had his 2 month jags yesterday. Not fun. Some sort of shortage of the combined vaccine so he had to have 4 separate injections. He bright red rage-faced it through the entire ordeal, nursed and then went to sleep for a while. Mad again when he woke up, nursed, slept,.. repeat. Every time he woke up he whimpered or cried. Around 9pm we were finally treated to a few happy baby smiles, then he went back to sleep. He slept all night, but it was a restless sleep with lots of thrashing, snuffling and gurgling. 


Update on the previously reported dishwasher battle scores:

Dishwasher: 1

Me: 0 

Despite a thorough cleaning there's STILL sand everywhere and an unidentifiable rumbling noise. :(



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...