Monday, September 9, 2013

Sand

There's a new rule in the Smith household. Toys that venture into the sand STAY in the sand.


"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." ~Anakin Skywalker


Oh Anakin, you may not understand how to have a romantic conversation, but your discourse on sand is faultless.

For a while now I've been very lax. Jessabear and her friends have taken mega blocks, easter eggs, plastic animals, dishes, and all manner of things out to the sandbox. I haven't been strict. I figure, sand washes off. Right? Wrong. No matter how sleep deprived or frazzled one may be, do NOT let your babybrain tell you to put those sandy toys in the dishwasher. Just don't. 




Or you and your 8 week old infant will spend the evening taking apart your dishwasher, excavating sand from every crevice in an attempt to figure out what is making that new rumbling noise. The tough part? Getting it back together. 


Dishwasher: 0 
Me: 0.5 
spare washer : 0.5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...