They did schedule an induction though. First Dr. Ellison suggested the Monday the 22nd, but that's the day my parents arrive so I was kinda hoping for something before that. I mentioned this but the midwife had already gone away to phone the hospital. Luckily, when she got back she told us that the ward was full on the 22nd so she'd gone ahead and scheduled it for the 20th instead of waiting longer. (Yay!) So, I go in on Friday the 19th at 1:30pm to be admitted and given a dose of prostin. Then we wait to see if that encourages labour to begin. Mark will be allowed to stay with me until 9pm, at which point they'll send him home and I have to stay by myself. The next morning they'll dose me with more drugs, break my waters and generally start the induction in full. I'm still hoping that baby decides to come on her own before then! We've got 2 and half more days... come on baby girl!!!
As much as I'd rather not have medical intervention to get things started it's really nice to know that by Sunday there WILL be a baby and the waiting will be over.
So yeah: that's me, completely egg shaped and full of baby. I braided my hair in hopes that she'd get the hint and come out, but it was completely ignored.
awwwww thanks for the picture! I'm sure you'll look quite a bit different when we arrive~ this way we get to see you big... even biggest!
ReplyDeleteI think it's horrid that Mark can't stay the entire time! What if you go into labor? Will he be able to join you?
Awwww, I can't wait for baby to arrive! I hope it's a fast labour!! Mum phoned me to say you were away to the hospital, so hopefully baby girl will be here by this evening.
ReplyDeleteGood luck, can't wait to see the 3 of you :D
xxxx
I'm enjoying your updates and looking forward to seeing pictures of the baby soon!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a smooth/easy labor & delivery :)