Sunday, February 7, 2010

Still Waiting

Just a quick update since I know a lot of you are on the edge of your seats. No baby yet. Not even any signs of an impending baby yet. I guess she's just planning on taking her sweet time. Less than punctual... definitely her daddy's daughter. ;) (actually she still has one day left to be considered on time, so who knows!)

The swelling is getting really fun now though. I have pregnancy induced carpal tunnel, which basically means from the point I lay down in bed till about 30 minutes after I wake up in the morning I can't use my hands. The extra fluid puts pressure on the median nerve in my wrist that leads to hand, if my wrists stays stationary for any amount of time my hands start to go numb, tingle, and ache like crazy. Two night ago when I woke up with an itchy belly I couldn't even press the nozzle on the spray bottle to get any lotion out. Last night, I couldn't get a grip on the blanket to pull it higher. I really hope I don't have arthritis when I'm older because this is unbearable!! I think between the heartburn, the itchy belly, and now the carpal tunnel I can get maybe an hours sleep before I'm woken up. I'm actually looking forward to being woken up by a crying baby rather than by pain!

Snow has completely cleared, the kitchen is finished and put back together (bar the painting of a bit of wood they put in front of the door instead of actual flooring), however the upstairs is now a death trap. There's only one way into our bed and you have to crawl across it to get to the other side of the room. We've been painting the nursery - finally! George and Maureen came over on Saturday and helped Mark paint it white. Today Mark and I chose some colors and started on that. I of course wasn't much help and after a while my feet hurt, my back hurt and I was too pooped to move. *laughs* So here I am writing this while my lovely husbands tapes and paints and paints and tapes. I just popped my head in a few minutes ago and it looks like he's getting really close to done. (He'll sleep well tonight!!) Hopefully we'll be able to start moving everything back into the room tomorrow so the upstairs isn't such an impassable maze.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you got the nursery ready nice and early :p Can't wait for baby to arrive! Hope she doesn't keep everyone waiting too long. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, we LOVE to get things done ages ahead of time. *laughs* The painting is finished. Just need to move all the furniture back in and find space for all the junk we took out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel better, we never did do a thing with Aidan's nursery (I mean, you saw it. What you saw is exactly what it still looks like). We have great ambitions for this summer, but we'll just have to see... So when you're feeling like a bad parent, just think, "At least we're not Maggie & Bo."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all of you!! I think you will be great parents.
    Thank you for the great story.
    It brought happy tears to my eyes.
    Praise the Lord, she's here!!
    Love, Pat a.k.a. Mag's Mom

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...