After a morning spent playing and learning to share (she did remarkably well today!) I finally got J-Bear to nap. Oh and nap she did, it was fabulous. Almost three hours I think! I was oblivious to the time when she went down. The rocking and the singing and the reading just seemed to go on forever. I don't really mind it at all (as long as I know she WILL eventually go to sleep) it gives me the chance to turn my brain off and just hang with my daughter for a while. The current mantra in our house "She's only going to be this little once." of course on those days when I spend an hour trying to coax her down for her to ultimately refuse.. well those days are less awesome...
She sleeps, I read. I probably should have slept too, I have a headache I can't shift. Probably something to do with the half box of salsa flavoured wheat thins that I deemed 'lunch.' Slight tangent here: Mark and I really need to start eating healthy balanced lunches but I lose all creativity and will power when lunch time rolls around. This is something that needs to be pre-planned. Any helpful suggestions for awesome lunches? Come on people, I know you've got something.
Anyhoo. She's awake. She's not happy. Poor thing. She's very rarely happy when she wakes up from a nap. I thought since she'd slept for so long that she'd be happy. (Normally the longer she naps the less angry she is when she wakes up.) Alas no. She wants to be held. Heaven help us all if I put her down for a second to find her clothes. The first words out of her mouth, "tv show?" Ugh what have I done? How is it that tv is the first thing my child thinks of when she wakes up? This won't do. Effort time. I'm going to make this afternoon fun. No tv.
I get her into her swimsuit, only a few tears while I put her down so she could step into it. We go out to check the mail. Normally this is one of her favourite afternoon rituals. Nope. The sun is too bright, it's too hot, Mummy suggested she walk. Really it must be the end of the world.
We head out to the deck to fill the pool. I woke up this morning to find that some mosquitoes had renamed it Labour and Delivery. *shudders* UGH! Just glad I could get rid of them all before they metamorphized through their instars and became blood sucking menaces. Some light scrubbing and it's ready to be filled. I hand Jessie the hose, another one of her favourite things. (Currently on loan from our wonderful neighbors because I keep blanking and forgetting to buy one! I'll return it soon I promise!) She looks at it like it's a snake. She attempts to fill the pool but starts crying, "I no do it myself!!" until I relieve her of the hose. Okay, new tact. I attach the hose to the spraying giraffe. She loves this. Nope. Terrified. I think we may be done with the pool for the day. She wants a snack. Snack provided. Still unhappy. We come inside, she wants to snuggle. I break. She's watching Fern Gully and is smiling. *le sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.