The pediatrician told me that 18 months is one of the last big 'I'm suddenly not sensitive to dairy anymore' possible moments. If the BabyBear is still showing signs of intolerance at his next checkup then she'll consider sending us to an allergist.
Well, today he's 18 months and one day old. Time to experiment!
Step 1. Choose your dairy.
Step 2. Prepare smoothie. I went for something I knew he'd like. Banana, sweet blueberries and spinach. I'm not sure why the blueberries are sweet right now but I'll keep buying them until they return to their normal unpleasant tart state. (Actually, I was unsure about the spinach addition but I knew from past experience that if you add enough banana you can't taste the spinach.)
Step 3. Photograph toddler devouring the smoothie. Wow. That's greener than I expected. I'd planned on splitting this smoothie with him but he firmly insisted that my cup belonged to him as well. Oh well, no health food for me this morning... back to the coffee...
Step 4. Wait. I'll let you know how it goes. Let's hope for a very uneventful day!
(Why did I choose to run this experiment as soon as hubs leaves town? You owe me one babe!)
Wait~ NO healthy food for YOU? Nope, don't buy it...go make yourself another- you need the green stuff! Boy, does his hair look red here!
ReplyDelete