Friday, January 23, 2015

Toot

A few nights ago.

Baby is snuggled, falling asleep next to me. He starts fussing. I try to shush him. His fussing turns to failing as he throws his covers off. Whimpers turn to cries and he starts holding his belly. I turn on a low light and try to cuddle him. He cups my face in his small baby hands and cries "Momma!" Little boy is definitely trying to tell me something. He holds his belly again as I prepare myself for a long session of bouncing and pacing. Just as I'm about to pick him up.... *TOOT* then three more in rapid succession. The crying stops. I look at him and ask if he feels better. "Yeah." He flips over and goes back to sleep.

Amusing baby. 

Since that night he's told me he wants to go to the potty a few times, only to toot baby style on the way there. Guess we need to work on the difference between gas and poop! 

I've been loving the last month or so of increased communication. He can follow simple requests now like, "Go to the living room, find your sippy cup and bring it back to me please." It's pretty darn awesome.

He's quite the silly monkey. Definitely an entirely different personality from his sister. Toddler life with this boy is definitely an adventure!

Right now he's running around pantless (his choice) while swiffering the floors (his choice) .... 

1 comment:

  1. For some reason, your dad really enjoyed this story...hmmmm....

    I just love the way you write! Thanks for sharing day to day events that we have to miss!
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...