However I'm not doing a week. I'm doing 5 days. A "work week" if you will. (Though that doesn't actually exist when you have kids. Enjoy sleeping in you yuppies!) I'm also not doing breakfast and lunch yet because I'm a completely newbie and we're taking baby steps here people.
[I'm going to write this as the week progresses so maybe you can have recipes and pictures as well but that also means I'll probably be all over the place with my tenses. Prepare yourselves for past, present and future all mingling about in the same paragraph! ]
Here's the plan.
Monday Night
Whoops. Mark's tires were all low this morning, turns out he needed four new ones. The evening was a complete mess. We got a pizza to go from Mellow Mushroom. Off to a great start... 0_o
Tuesday Night
This needs to be a crockpot meal because JBear has swim lessons until 6:15 and it will easily be 7 by the time we get home. It also needs to be something I know both kids will eat because they'll be starving by the time we get home.
I did it! Pork chops in the crockpot with raw green beans. (No time to cook side dishes, hahaha) They were delish, but both kids chose to eat their leftovers from the weekend instead. Ie, hamburger and chicken fingers. Whoo, healthy.
Wednesday Night
Gymnastics until 6:45 not home until 7:30. I need something she can eat before we leave but then have 'second dinner' from when she gets home and is hungry all over again.
Oops. Forgot to plan crockpot meal. Turned into last minute stop at grocery store on the way home to buy mince and hamburger helper. Yeah. You can see why I need to try harder at this whole "planning" thing. At least I served it with an organic salad!
Thursday Night
We'll all be home, so I'm choosing something that will be fun to pull together as a family.
Imitation PFchang's Chicken Wraps. (Hmmm.. I'm looking at this currently - Thursday morning. I think not. I have some italian chicken destined for the grill tonight. Let's see how this pans out...)
Hamburgers!
Hahaha In my defense I did cook the chicken to have on salads for the next few days.
And doesn't this salad look yummy???
Friday Night
I'm trying to resist writing the words 'Pizza Movie Night' with every fiber of my being... I sooo want to write 'Pizza Movie Night.'
Impromptu dinner with friends! A friend I haven't seen in 15 years and thus have not met husband or children of! I made steak pie, puff pastry and roast potatoes. They brought apple pie. Heaven help me but I refused to count calories and just enjoyed the company!
In short I'm going to call this "meal plan" a complete fail. LOL I must try harder next time.



It's so much fun reading your writing! When you gonna publish??
ReplyDelete