I may be headed over to the doctor's this week to inquire about medication. I've done a lot of research and it sounds like there's at least 2 or 3 drugs out there that I'd be willing to consider, specially now that I'll be at 8 weeks. All the essential forming of baby organs is complete, they just need to grow now. :) But getting through the day is more than a challenge and I've got my brother-in-law's wedding in 2 weeks and I don't fancy being green in all the photos.
I've been pretty good about not actually vomiting recently. (Don't get me wrong I still WANT to- all of the time) but I've managed to get a handle on it and most of the time I don't HAVE to puke. So at least I know the vitamins are staying down. I've been sleeping for about 12 hours a night so at least that cuts down on some of the sick time. I've been lucky enough that the nausea doesn't wake me up (at least most of the time!)
Ahh yes, I'd completely forgot. Well maybe not so much forgotten but was just to ill to mention. We had the tour of the hospital and it's NOT the dungeon I was worried it would be! It has been recently re-done and everything is shiny, new and clean. The maternity hospital is not even kind of attached to the normal hospital so I don't even have to see sick people to get there. I got to see the labour wards which had cd players, yoga balls, and actual corner tubs with showers! (not for crazy birthing purposes, just for relaxation and cleaning purposes) The normal wards, where they shuffle you and baby off to afterward were definitely British. Four beds to a room but they were clean and not as scary as ones I've seen in the past. Baby stays with you in the room unless there's problem. Visiting hours for husbands is from noon to 9pm and they only chase them away during meal times. I got one picture taken when the midwife who was showing us around was busy with the elevators and distracted. I'll upload it when I find my camera. :)
Ohhh man! I'm going to have a blast reading your blog!! :)
ReplyDelete