Monday, September 14, 2009

19 Weeks!

Feeling rather yucky today,.. and I was doing so well! It's been about 2 weeks since my belly decided to call a fire drill... but changed it's mind this morning. I'm not at all sure why either. There was nothing in there! well except for your traditional stomach bile which no one wants to hear about. ;) That coupled with the incredible amount I slept today makes me wonder if the little one is having some kind of growth spurt this week?

Can't wait till next Monday!! It's the 20 Week anomaly scan. Sounds kinda scary... since they'll be checking meatball has all the right organs and spine legos, no rabbit ears, that sort of thing. I'm just ignoring that part and concentrating on the exciting bit, we should be able to find out the big Boy or Girl question!! :)

Yesterday I left the house. *laughs* Can you believe it? Mark took me shopping. The intent: to buy maternity clothes. The result: I bought one sweater thingey. I have no idea where you're supposed to buy maternity clothes. We went to the mall and ONE store had ONE maternity rack. That was it!!! We wound up at Asda on the way home and they had a few things, but their one rack was even smaller. On the plus side the material they used didn't seem to be fashioned from cardboard and glass and was actually comfy. However, all their stuff was obviously for the more heavily pregnant and everything I tried on looked like I would be wearing it as sleepwear. Hopefully I'll find somewhere that sells maternity clothes before I have nothing left to wear! Hanging around the house is just fine cause I can wear pj bottoms all day.. but I really do only have one pair of pants that I can comfortably wear outside of the house and I'm kinda getting sick of them! :)

5 comments:

  1. poor becca, lol, I have a stash of maternity clothes that I get from other people. Old Navy has some cute maternity wear. are you able to get them ordered online? How much is it to send stuff over to you? I can find some cute stuff here and send it.. lol sorry your meatball is making you sick. But very excited to know if you have a he or she!! what are you suspecting? Moms are usually right..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... Becc darlin'... there are no maternity stores????? It's about time that you bo't some honest to goodness meatball-style clothing. I'm sorry that you couldn't find stuff...
    Call around the consignment shops- check out that angle.
    luvyas!
    mums

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie said...

    Give me a size (S, M, or L) and I will mail you things. Target's got cute maternity clothes on the sale rack all the time (I'm always finding nifty items that turn out to be maternity! If I can't buy them for me, I can buy them for you!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!

    If you want to try them on then check out Dorothy Perkins, Top Shop, GAP, next & most high street stores, just check online if the store has the maternity range - it seems random whether they do or don't!
    If you don't mind ordering online - check out baby stores like mamas and papas and jojomamanbebe, etc, V. Pretty ranges :)
    If you don't mind ordering online and you don't mind 2nd hand - ebay is your friend! Lots of bargains to be had!
    Oh, and for tops/jogging bottoms - try to buy things in bigger sizes or your normal size that suit bumps. You get REALLY bored of wearing maternity clothes by the end lol!

    Hope you find stuff soon & I'm glad you had a 2 week break from illness and that it's gone away again now!
    Sarah
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie - Old Navy won't ship internationally. Too bad cause they have an adorable sweater coat thing that I just saw.. :)

    Mom - I've never even seen a consignment shop here.. I wouldn't know where to look. I can try some of the charity stores in Glasgow but they're all tiny and would require more walking to reach than baby allows.

    Maggie - awww you're sooo sweet. I miss you AND target! *grins* I'll let you know if I get really desperate. There's a few places I've found online that sell stuff, they're just really expensive.. and by the time you mailed me something it would probably be just as expensive, if not more so anyway.

    Sarah - So my exhaustive research has shown me that H&M, Dorthoy Perkins, Debenhams, & Next out at the mythical Springburn are all large enough to carry the store's maternity lines. So I'll go check those out sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...