The sonographer's goal seemed to be to suck all the joy out of the experience. I know for a fact they weren't busy. Mark and I were the ONLY people in the waiting room. She didn't seem to want to answer any of our questions. They were simple questions like "so where does that mean the head is?" or "is that the heart we're looking at?" Those sort of innocent questions. I was treated more or less like an inanimate object that she had to work around in order to get the measurements. For goodness sakes, we're human beings having a baby for the first time, have a little compassion! Although baby was awake, it wasn't in the right position to be able to see the sex so I asked if there was anything I could do to convince the baby to move, she kinda grunted at me and said, "no, it's just your baby." What does that mean?! That makes no sense.
The pictures we got were only close ups of the head even though baby did a ton of cute things and the full body shot with the spine was AMAZING! Definitely one for a frame. We even said how much we liked that view but no.. she didn't get the hint. I have to learn to be braver and speak up for myself. Actually say "Can I have a photo of that please." But noooo I'm too shy. Stupid me. This baby is only going to be inside of me the once!
So now I really want to go to Babybond and get a sexing scan done but it will cost £79. Mark thinks it would be smarter to spend that money actually ON the baby. Diapers, clothes, etc.. and I know he's right. But I just want to start calling my little one by a name!! *sniff* pregnancy hormones and all that. We haven't made a decision yet. I'm going to try to ebay some stuff today and if any of that sells I can put it towards the price of the private scan and then it won't feel like we're out of pocket.
Is it wrong that I want to know so badly? We have a boy's name chosen but can't agree on a girl's name. We don't want to go through all the stress of debating a girl's name if we don't have to. I want to give the baby a name and bond properly.
Here's the newest pictures of the little one:
Stay tuned- 20 week bump pictures should be going up later tonight.
oh, baby, I'm sorry that it didn't happen today...=( I know you're disappointed...
ReplyDeleteYou're right, tho'- that answer makes NO sense...
hmmmmmm