Saturday, September 19, 2009

Food on the brain..

There should be entirely new food groups for pregnant woman. First food group: Brownies.

So today Mark and I were going to head out to Silverburn to hunt for maternity clothes... then I decided I didn't want to get out bed and that Silverburn was too far. *laughs* it's mostly because all the stores will shut at 6pm today and I hate it when the sales people stare at you like "why are you still in my store? Leave!" Plus, I hate crowds and weekend shopping in Scotland is like trying to go into Walmart on Christmas Eve. Not recommended. We've decided that we'll try mid-week. Mark's going to come home on time Tuesday which means we should be able to get back out there by 6ish and have a good three hours of non-pressured shopping/wandering around time.

Okay now I'm hungry. I was laying in bed earlier thinking how much I would love to go to Denny's, IHOP, Cracker Barrel, anywhere with an all day breakfast really. (I resent that IHOP call themselbes the International House of Pancakes... because I see no pancake houses over here!! They should rebrand as AmericanHOP) I miss brunch entirely too much and nowhere over here understands brunch at all. I'd love some biscuits and gravy just like Grandma makes... last time I tried, my gravy turned out like some white gelatinous mass. It definitely wasn't the yum I grew up with. Plus Mark won't eat it anyway so it's a lot of effort to go to for one.

Sidenote: (bottom-note?): Either the feature is new or I've just been really blind, but I've finally set it up so blogger will email me when I have a new comment on a post so hopefully you guys won't have to wait weeks for me to respond to something anymore!

Ps. remember to check for tomorrow's post!! New pictures and meatball will get a gender!!

Quote of the day courtesy of Mark: "That's no meatball, that's a beachball!" :D

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha!!

    E-mail me at school as soon as you know something, will you???
    luv yas!
    mums

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...