Friday, December 18, 2009

32 + 4

Another midwife appointment... another opportunity to be underwhelmed.

I've accepted the fact that they'll always run late. That's just the nature of doctor's appointments, and really, as long as they're running late because they're spending quality time with their patients, that's completely okay.

Today's fun filled experience with the midwife included(but was not limited to):

Toxoplasmosis results? I have no idea what you're talking about. We have no record of them. "It's not my mess, but I'll see what I can do." ((She actually said that at least twice.))

You're experiencing a rapid heart rate off and on and you don't know why? That's normal for all people. It just happens. ((Really? My pulse skyrockets and I feel like falling over but this is normal for everyone, not just pregnant people. Really. ooookay.))

The consultant wants your bloods taken to test your platelets again? Why would he want that? They're barely low! It's nothing to be concerned about at this stage. ((Tell that to the bruises I seem to be acquiring daily.))Besides, it's Friday afternoon. I'm not going to take any bloods. There's no way to get them to the lab now, they'll just sit around all weekend. They'd probably go missing anyway. ((Huh? It's normal for blood to go missing if it's drawn on a Friday afternoon? This doesn't sound like something that should happen on such a regular basis or that they should just be happy to accept.))

You have a consultant appointment on Monday? Why? You called to double check and explained that you had a midwife appointment on the Friday? Well it's wrong. I'll have to call and cancel that for you.

((and one of my personal favourites.)) How does the computer work? *shakes the mouse* ummmm I'm not seeing any record of it here.... Me: "You know you're not looking at my record right?" Her: "Oh! That makes sense!" ((She actually panicked when the screen saver activated and the monitor went black. Impressive.))


So now I'm booked in at 9am on 22nd to have bloodwork done at the hospital. Hopefully it won't go missing yet AGAIN. However, the 22nd is also the day we've booked our Life in the UK citizenship test. So we're hoping that the removal of blood won't affect my ability to answer strange questions about Britain too adversely.

On another fun note, unnamed persons at Mark's office who felt the need to come into work sick, passed their slimy germs on to Mark who in turn brought them home. His first day of vacation was Tuesday and he woke up with a cold. I managed to stay uninfected for almost 3 days, but today I succumbed and am now permanently attached to a box of tissues. So far it seems like it's just been a head cold and nothing more serious. I'm hoping it stays that way... or you know, improves dramatically!

Despite being unable to sleep very well because of the ever increasing bump, heartburn and achy hips, I'm going to try to call it an early night and see if I can't fight off some of these vile germy things. G'night!

2 comments:

  1. feel better soon *hugs*

    can't wait to take bubs for a walk in the pram it's gorgeous! Proud Auntie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls and I want BABY BUMP PICTURES!!! Get busy with the camera!
    luvyas,
    mums

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...