George and Maureen took me out pram shopping one day and even though I fell for a pram more expensive than I originally intended, they were amazing Grandparents-to-be and bought it anyway! (There was a bit of confusion when they had to buy the accessories in store and the pram online because it was substantially cheaper there.But being smart folk they figured it all out!) However, that weekend when Mark and I went back to the PramCentre to make sure it fit in the car we were dismayed to find that it did NOT fit. Seatbelt was too short to belt it in, no isofix points in the car, and we couldn't use the surefix base because of buckle crunch. Long story short, they cancelled the pram order and I began the hunt for a new one. (Which wasn't in the slightest bit fun because now I loved this one, plus carseats in general don't seem to fit in an Astra '03 reg.)
A couple weeks later, after much discussion, Mark and I decided to buy another car. [This is where I need to point out that we aren't actually crazy people who went out and bought another car just to get the pram we wanted. We only had the one car and with a baby in the house we realized we were going to need a second car anyway. The plan was to get one in February- the timetable was just pushed forward so we could get the pram sorted.] Well, we bought a Toyota Yaris '07 with isofix points. It has a small boot but the PRAM does fit in it. (For anyone out there considering the Pliko Pramette; yes it does fit in a Yaris '07 trunk but it's a tight squeeze. Don't listen to the people who tell you it's a comfortable fit, they obviously have a warped idea of the concept 'comfortable.'
After a few more bumps in the road where pram accessories were sold out at the original store and then finding the whole kit and kaboodle cheaper at another store it was finally reordered.
You would think this is where things would get simple. You would be wrong.
Maureen paid extra to choose a delivery date. She checked with us and it was all settled that we'd have the pram delivered on Wednesday. Yesterday (being Tuesday) Mark and I went out to finish Christmas shopping and of course while we were out they tried to deliver the pram! (Typical!) We've ordered quite a few things to be delivered recently and were a bit confused by the different tracking numbers put through the door. We couldn't decide if they'd tried to deliver one product or a couple different things. Eventually everything was figured out, for the most part, and delivery was rearranged for today.
Around 6pm a DHL van pulls up. Eureaka! Amusingly the house begins to fill with boxes. By the time he's finished we have 7 very large boxes sitting in our living room. Apparently they decided to deliver just about everything we'd ordered over the past week on the one day. Success!
Of course we had to immediately open it up and play with it, ie. figure out how in the world it goes together!! Here's what we came up with.

Thank you sooo much George and Maureen!! We love our new pram and we're sure Baby Smith will adore it as well!! It's the most beautiful baby mover ever!! :D
Isn't it amazing that your baby could be born today in the next 2 or 3 weeks, and she would be just fine? BIZARRE.
ReplyDelete~ Mag
I was only 2 weeks farther along when the twins came. They were great.. 5.10 and 5.12 lbs. They were running out of room.. lol.. I do hope little girl comes into the world a little more baked. It seems like your doing an amazing job becca,
ReplyDeleteLove you
Julz
*laughs* and other than having a way to get her home from the hospital we have absolutely nothing prepared! My antenatal classes aren't even until mid-January, so despite all the heartburn and soreness, I'm happy for her to stay put a while longer!
ReplyDeleteAnd can you tell me when you are going to update us on belly pics? Im stalking this place to see them!!.. lol
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry! We keep meaning to, but then something comes up or I feel horrible. We're going to Mark's company's Christmas dinner on Saturday so I'll be all dressed up. Should definitely get some pictures then!
ReplyDeleteyesyesyes!!
ReplyDeleteLaura says hi & the pram is adorable!
ReplyDeleteLove the polka dots!