Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The vampires are back!

Well they're definitely humming a different tune now. On the 18th I had a midwife appointment where she was very blase about everything, on the 22nd I had a bloodwork appointment at the hospital where they weren't concerned about anything but were very sweet and helpful. (I'm not sure if I mentioned - the midwife who was supposed to cancel my consultant appointment and make me a new one for later because she couldn't be bothered doing my bloodwork didn't actually do anything! I was listed as a 'did not attend.' Thankfully the much friendlier midwife from the hospital, Joan, sorted it all out for me and let the office know that it wasn't actually my fault that I didn't show up. I was told not to!) Anyway, Joan did all the bloodwork she was supposed to and made me a new appointment to get the results from the consultant. Today, the maternity unit up at the hospital called me to ask me to come back in. Apparently the doctor isn't thrilled with my results and wants another round of bloods done. This time they're adding in liver function, something to check the kidneys, rechecking my thyroid and platelets again. (See silly midwife, my platelet level is something to be concerned about.) So it's back up to the hospital for me Wednesday morning.

Maybe my bloodwork just looked a bit off because I've been recovering from a cold? I have no idea, but at least they're staying on top of things for me. I'd rather go back in for unnecessary bloodwork, then have them miss something important. Other than the heartburn and the occasional crazy hip pain, I'm doing fine. I'm not even getting dizzy as much as I was before! Baby seems happy as well. She's kicking up a storm and a few minutes ago she made an attempt to push her way to freedom via my upper abdomen! She's a handful now, I can't imagine what it's going to be like when she's really here!!

4 comments:

  1. Let me know how it all goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a crew that you really have to keep on top of... and I know you don't really go for that- but you'll HAVE to, kiddo!
    pester 'em! (pretend they're your dad!)
    =)
    luv yas,
    mums

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any word yet? Given the all clear? That last midwife sounds a bit rubbish! And putting you down as 'did not attend' - how rude! Oh well, at least the new one seems more on the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - It would be so nice if I could just choose which midwife to see and go to the same one every time! What if I get one of the horrible 2 for my actual delivery? I will NOT be impressed. I'm thinking about writing up their flaws and sending someone in a boss-like position a letter (after the baby is born that is!) elaborating on the good and bad points.

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...