Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, a stress free Boxing Day and then a couple of relaxing do nothing days afterwards.

I spent a lot of Christmas Eve trying to tidy the house. Just one of those things, like needing the house to be clean before you go on a trip. I needed the house to be clean to enjoy Christmas morning. This years tree has been shedding pine needles like a beast! I'm wondering if somehow last year we managed to buy a 'low drop' tree or something of that ilk because while I remember this happening loads in the past, I seem to recall last year being relatively needle free. Oh I also spent part of Christmas Eve watching my family in Kentucky eating an early Christmas dinner via Skype. It was both sweet and depressing at the same time. Hopefully we'll be able to spend it in person with them next year!

We spent Christmas morning at our house and then packed up the car and headed out to Mark's parents' to spend the day there. I have to say, I appreciated having food made for me even more than in the past! His parents had gotten a LOT more snow out their way than we have here, so we were told to bring gloves and boots to make a snowman (which I've been wanting to do since it started snowing!) but with all the super full bellies we wound up staying inside. It started snowing again right before we left their place, but as normal - it wasn't snowing in Greenock so luckily there wasn't an issue getting back up our hill.

Sadly, there is no historical record of Christmas 2009 because I forgot to take ANY pictures. I remembered to charge the camera, bring the camera AND get the camera out once I got there. However, I never did anything with it past that point. So :( I have no pictures to share with you. I'm going to make up for it by taking oodles on New Years Day. (I say oodles.. there will probably be like five I approve of and don't delete.)

Mark's parents, his sister, her boyfriend and his seven year old son are coming to ours for New Years Day. I'm making steak pie (a relatively stress free stew for those americans out there).

This little one has been incredibly active the past couple of days. I think she's complaining about lack of space. It's such an odd feeling but cute at the same time. It makes me feel more connected to her. She's quite high up... I guess she's got a few more weeks (six to be exact) to get her little-self all turned around and more where she should be.

The heartburn has been quite bad recently.. I finished the Maalox a week or so ago that Mom mailed me a few months back and I've eaten every last heartburn tablet that Maggie mailed me back at the beginning. (This is here so Mom remembers that she promised to mail me more Maalox.. *nudge nudge*)

1 comment:

  1. oh, no, poor baby! I really did hope to get it to you before you ran out! Off to the store I go this afternoon!
    luv yas,
    mums

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...